Warhammer Online

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rain-Dog, Dec 31, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Rain-Dog

Rain-Dog Member

Thinking of having a go at this. Has anyone played it? Is it any good?

2. Sjael

Sjael New Member

I played it a bit when it came out. The game itself is good, and rather fun. However there was (and from what I've seen and heard, still is) no content after level 20, and it's just plain grinding.

The balancing was also terrible. Mythic's idea of 'mirror classes' for each faction means giving one faction PvE-centric skills and the other PvP-centric.

The combat is actually rather fun though, as long as you aren't one of the crap classes. :D

3. Charonte

Charonte Member

Honestly I'd rather Age of Conan instead.

Warhammer is a nice setting but AoC has a very 'mature' (or did at launch) feel to it unlike WHO which is just generic {WOW} cartoon bullshit,

Tortege is aweomse anyway,

4. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

I didn't like AoC. WAR is ok, but it really starts to fall off after about level 20 or 30. It's also very heavy on the PvP aspect of things and I prefer the lore and PvE elements.

Right now I'm playing Lord of the Rings Online. After about the mid-30s it turns into a grind fest since that's the end of the free quest packs. But if you subscribe for 1 month then cancel (which is a total of $15 USD) you get the full basic game, 500 turbine points, and nearly every restriction removed. The Mines of Moria box comes with the moria quest pack and 1 free month as a subscriber (which is probably the cheapest option)

5. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

6. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

WHO isn't... Well. I actually bought it, was excited over the trailers and whatnot. Zilly and I bought it together so we could play on the same server and be best pals and yay.
    But.. It simply refused to work on my PC. Connection issues every time I tried to connect to a server. I'm sure the issues were on my end, but I still think it was a waste of money. :C

7. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

I played WAR for a week or so. Wasn't impressed at all, but then again my first MMO ever was WoW. It's like eating steak for your first meal ever, then constantly being disappointed by a McDonald's burger for the rest of your life.

8. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Sounds like a firewall or router issue. Make sure you don't have retarded firewalls running, and the appropriate port forwarding is set in the router.

9. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Oh, it's too late now. I bought it when it was released at full price.

10. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

WAR was ok but it was too much of a grind and 2/3 of the game wasn't released at launch. Haven't touched it for a long time now but I hear the player base is small now.

Our Host!