Want successful children? Beat them

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vorak, Jan 6, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Was the orginal insult better then? It only strengthen my theory, that you are just a tuna, who was kept too long out of the fridge. Is not that the reason that you are kept in the jar, because you smelled that bad?

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5hfYJsQAhl0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5hfYJsQAhl0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

3. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

It's funny how great this thread was until Arthgon posted.

4. Arthgon

Vorak: Was it that bad what I said? Sorry people, It shall not happen again.

Now can we just get back on topic?

What I do like to know, are there any differences how a father or mother hits their children? It could be possible that the mothers rather pinch their children when they are angry, and that the father gives them smack around their ears.

5. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

What shall not happen again? You login in to the forum and posting? Because otherwise I see no end to your rambling.

6. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Not to end the trail of the insult bandwagon, but I think Arthgon simply doesn't know english well enough to type coherently while using it. Now, mainly I'm saying this because I'm bitter that I, too, didn't catch this train while it still had a decent amount of steam, but Vorak clearly topped the insults in a way that can't be efficiently surmounted.
    I have to recant my earlier statement on punishment, because I think I understand now what it means to actually need to correct a child's behaviour. Now, I say think because I don't have any of my own children, but I have had to sternly correct children that I've babysat. One of the little horrors bit me. Now, I had no right to hit the child, but I did give him a time out and later explained why biting is a bad thing to do...I just wonder why his parents didn't realize that their four year old son biting people was a bad thing. Their response?
    "Oh, he's just playing with you when he bites."
    When a dog is playing, it may bite. When a parrot plays, it may bite. Even cats may bite during play, but children? That boy drew blood! At that age, you can't blame the child.

7. Arthgon

I really try my best to write good posts in English (It is my third language.) However, could someone just give me some help with the grammar and such?

8. Grossenschwamm

9. Arthgon

You can always tell me, what's wrong with my grammar. So I can learn from it. Did you know I am a bit jealous about you guys? Aways writing in very good english.

Wobbler: I was talking about making such posts. Sorry, but I am too cranky to answer this otherwise.

10. Rain-Dog

Rain-Dog Member

Well you didn't need the comma after "You can always tell me" and you're jealous OF them, rather than about them. And English should be capitalised.

I don't really understand the fuss, your English isn't too bad, it all seems quite unpleasent really.

In other news, loved the link Philes posted. At least I did once I worked out it was a joke. I'm not really convinced that beating children really does much good but I don't think the occasional smack does any harm either.

11. Arthgon

What do you mean?

12. Rain-Dog

Rain-Dog Member

The way they insult you like that. Seems unfair. However I rather suspect my opinion on the matter is somewhat inconsequential.

13. Grossenschwamm

Don't be jealous, just learn. Then, you can start haranguing Wobbler about how he doesn't always have the best grammar.
    And if you're really worried about your posts, type them out in a word processor and run checks in grammar and spelling. This alone, seeing how things are corrected before your eyes, can give you a sense of how things should look when you post them. Then, copy and paste.
    As for the insults, they're part of the forum..."You may as well be out of the fashion as out of the world," as they say.

14. wobbler

And I was trying to tell you that every post you make is such a post.

Now try to fit in here or leave.

15. Arthgon

Do you know what I was thinking? That all this was a bit of fun. HoL has always been the place of flame fighting, Raindog.

Grossenswamm: Okay, I shall do that.

Wobbler: From which country did you come from? I can't remember.

PS: I have a thick skin.

16. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Stop being a moron, and worry about your own English.

17. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Oh, well, that's different. If a kid causes me physical injury, I just do it right back. Or euthanize them, which is the correct thing to do when a dog bites.

One time, when I was in Venturer Scouts, we were watching over some Cubs. Some kid kicked me in the shins, so I put him up in a tree. Baby.

18. Archmage Orintil

Archmage Orintil New Member

Children would make the best Christmas decorations if they didn't cry when stringing them up.

19. wobbler

Why do you wanna know and why should I tell you?

20. Arthgon

Let me rephrase my question to you, wobbler: Is English your first language?

PS: Am I the only one who thought that the video of Vorak was actually funny?

Our Host!