Vooriden, Dernholm Pit, 36 Dervish Row.... Questions

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by jwh, Jul 31, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. jwh

jwh New Member

I stumbled upon a place called Vooriden - I am only level 11. The priest in there sent me to find a new altar stone... I haven't played this game in years - but I thought I couldn't get that quest until much later.... am I in danger of breaking the main story or otherwise wreaking questline havoc?

Also, how does one enter into the Dernholm Pits? I have searched but am unable to find a way.... if it doesn't open up until later - simply say so without the spoiler of how or why please.

Also, I delivered a note for a strange dark elf to 36 Dervish Row - there seems to be nothing more to this quest? Just wondering if I missed something.

I am having a blast playing Arcanum again, especially because I remember NOTHING about the quests/game overall.... a few vague memories (like the Altar stone) but most is a blur.... which makes this wondrous adventure all the better to play again! (especially with the unofficial patch and new high resolution - woot!)

Thanks for any and all help.

J

2. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

IIRC The note the dark elf gives you is an alternate way of solving the stolen painting quest. But I haven't gone to tarant yet with my new character and has been a while since my last play through so I could be wrong.

3. No! Naughty dog!

No! Naughty dog! New Member

I believe on the Vooriden count your game should be fine and if it isn't, Stringy Pete is but one way of obtaining a boat

The entrance is a little ways out of Dernholm, can't remember exactly maybe northwest?

Read the note and find out just what they're hiding

4. Charonte

Charonte Member

Just if you're level 11, be smart and don't deliver the note. There are a couple of other ways to find out what they're hiding too...

5. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Actually, it is easy xp and money if you do not read the note while delivering it. Go with the regular investigation method to find the painting.

Also, Dernholm Pits are enterable if you play with the evil route of the game. Good guys do not get to get into the place. It is in a later part of the game to find the Vendigroth device for the bad people. You insult the guard near the pit to get in - but again, you need to follow the bad plot.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not, not really. Once you're sent to find the Vendigroth device, this line becomes available, it doesn't matter if you're working for K'an Hua or Nasrudin. In the UAP, however, Tollo won't appear, if you don't have K'an Hua's quest, since his dialog wouldn't make much sense in that case.

7. jwh

jwh New Member

Thanks for the replies.

One thing to confirm: if I do the Vooriden quest early and somehow it messes up the Stringy Pete series of quests - there are other boats available? Don't want to dead-end in mid/late game.

Thanks for the help.

J

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vooriden's quest can be done early in the game, if you stumble upon the location (or if the Firearms Master tells you about it). The difference is you get a fate point if you do the quest on your own, and not for Stringy Pete (and no, it doesn't break his quest, you can just tell him that you've already fixed the altar).

9. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Thanks for the headsup. I should give it a go with my good character. Sometime.

10. FrostyMixi

FrostyMixi Member

Umm...
    There is ´another way into the pits.
    There is a hidden manhole near Dernholm or the Pit. I don't remember. SO acctualy...there r 3 ways in and u don't have to be evil ^__^

11. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Damn is that good to know. My good characters can now have a little walk in the Pits without the need of cheating.
    You mentioned the second. There is no third.
    It has been already mentioned that you don't have to be evil (Drog's quote above).
    They way you're suggesting is getting several screen exacty north-west from the starting point, I believe, and finding the exit of the Pits. This however is filthy metagaming.

Our Host!