Void Ring + Suit of Resistance

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by floyd, Jun 24, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. floyd

floyd New Member

So you can get a Void Ring from the corpse of a Bludgenoner in the Void.
    But does it do anything?

Also, whilst on a killing spree in Arcanum, I discovered that the owner of Seaside Salvage is wearing what seems to be a Suit of Resistance: a suit with special stats. Are there any more of these special suits in the game?

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

The suit is one of a kind but a few other npcs have unique items, thats part of why haggle and gambling mastery are desirable you can legally obtain these items.

The ring is for use with the teleporters in the void, equip the ring and you come to a central teleporter area that has platforms leading to every other place in the void. Take the ring off after that though or no matter which teleporter you try you'll end up back at the central one.

3. team a

team a New Member

Interesting - I've never seen that. I usually see the items with +TH, but I'm still surprised I haven't seen it before you posted. It just goes to show that it's still possible to find things in Arcanum that one doesn't know about, no matter how many play throughs.

4. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Well, it looks like I'll have to fate point + pickpocket the hell out of that guy.

5. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

You should be nice and pickpocket the Dark helm, or something akin to it onto him.

6. floyd

floyd New Member

Oh, so if I were a Master Haggler, I could just buy the suit he's wearing? Is that what you're saying? I always thought, Haggle simply made stuff cheaper and you got better prices for your stuff yourself if you wanted to sell something. I'm aware of other unique items in the game, like medallions and a rare weapon here and there, but I never knew there were special outfits as well - special as in: not for sale in the shops in Arcanum.

[​IMG]

I see. But close to the place where I found it (left to main entrance of the Void building complex), there is already such a central teleporter platform, isn't there? Or does that appear when you have the ring in your inventory (not equipped)?

Anyway: Arcanum remains a great game. I've finished it for probably the tenth time now and I'm just amazed at the fact that there are still things in that world that I do not know. The only games that were able to pull the same stunt on me are Fallout and Fallout 2. Those two and Arcanum are probably my most favourite games ever. They're works of genius. I kid not.

Our Host!