Visiting unmapped places without wrecking quests?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Eloc Knarfnos, Mar 15, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Eloc Knarfnos

Eloc Knarfnos New Member

Which of the locations listed in the Terra Arcanum Location Bank are safe to visit without fear of messing up quests in the game? I took the chance that finding the Aerial Decapitator (a great three hour trek, the first half chasing wild geese!) would be safe and so far that's worked out OK. I'd like to check out some of the other unmapped places and build up my characters a bit outside of the main plot and quests. For example, I wouldn't mind picking up some large arcane armour at the Strange Pond, if getting there early wouldn't foul Arcanum's logical progression.

2. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

As far as I know if you try to visit an area that will screw up a quest or the main plot before you get the quest or get to that point in the plot the area will just not be there. Example: Going to the Vendigroth Wastes prior to going to Tulla. Also finding Quintarra without doing Myrth's or N'tala's quests.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vlad the Imposter on 2002-03-15 14:29 ]</font>

3. HED854

HED854 New Member

IMO you can wander anywhere without any risks - excepted some towns. For example you can go to Hardins pass by getting its coordinates, but if you go on and reach quintarra, this will mess up the quests (most of the time raven won't appear). Of course you can go to ashbury/dernholm etc without causing problems with the game's progression because these cities aren't directly related to the main plot.
    And of course, there are locations you won't be able to reach, even with their coordinates. This is the case for quest-related locations like Tsen Ang, BMC (not sure), tulla etc

4. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

don't kill the woman at the williamson household. that will mess up the pete quest

5. Ct0fDiscord

Ct0fDiscord New Member

Try not to goto all of them..... but many non special places such as shipwrecks, ancient temples, and altars are usually ok. If you think it might be linked to a quest by some obvious reason then just leave and go back later.

Our Host!