Virgil's Lockpicking (inane observation)

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Canis, May 11, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Canis

Canis New Member

So here I am, enjoying a quiet Saturday evening reading Life of Vergil by Aelius Donatus. Why? Because Criminal Intent isn't on tonight and I need to find a name for my new Arcanum character. ANYWAY, he mentions that along with literature, Vergil devoted himself to medicine and mathematics. Ah-HA, I think, so that finally explains our Virgil's otherwise pointless pursuit of locksmithy!

You know, uh, mathematics -> engineering -> mechanics -> lockpicking. It all makes perfect sense once you read Donatus, really.

Just had to share. :)

2. verminator_666

verminator_666 New Member

hmm, i wondered and wondered but i couldnt figure it out, quite often i get really good at picking locks but virgil steps in and makes a mess so i tell him to wait.

3. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

In the options, turn OFF follower skills and Virge never tries to help

Parmanian

4. Langolier

Langolier Member

I think Virgil's lockpicking has something to do with his less than perfect life before joing the Halcyon Order.

5. Canis

Canis New Member

Virgil didn't join the Halcyon Order, and he studies locksmithy AFTER making a clean break from his past.

6. Langolier

Langolier Member

Well you know, that damn religion he fallows. Whats its name.....uh........ crap ....uh.......Pinarri! Yes thats it. Well then, I guess he studies lockpicking so that his MA never gets very high. That way magic weapons arent to good on him, or Technological ones either. He just wants to make himself useless. He figures you'll keep him for the story line. I used to do that, but now I dump him and often dont pick up any fallowers, or maybe just one.

7. Egor

Egor New Member

I think, Virgil is the most cruel maniac i've ever seen before! My char hits monsters to unconsciousness and leave them alive, i switch off from battle mode to normal, and Virgil begins to crash and smash defensless NCP for exp:) Its terrible cruelty. I'm not wondering, that he know lockpicking.

8. Canis

Canis New Member

Even if a creature is unconscious, it's still hostile, and your followers will continue to attack. Hit F5 if you want them to back off.

Virgil isn't cruel, and it has nothing to do with his locksmithy.

EDIT: Oh, and welcome to the forums. *waves* Have a bunny.

:bunny:

9. verminator_666

verminator_666 New Member

i think apart from dog, sogg is one of the best followers, he dosent usually get cross at you for being evil, hes easy to get, he is great in battle, and is good for carrying crap about. i only keep virgil to evolve the story, i like the bit with nasrudin.

10. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

I'm tired of levelling so fast so I always start with Virgil then get sogg then get jayna then get magnus then get dog then get chukka, all before level 10. With so many followers the exp never really goes up fast.

My first game I was level 45 before I got out of Tarant....hehehehehe

At least I found out what NOT to put cps in!

Parmanian

Our Host!