virgil

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by legolas, Jul 21, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Hel Khat

Hel Khat New Member

Oh well I don't know I liked Virgil I thought he was kinda funny. The things that I didn't like about him were pretty much the things that I didn't like about ALL of the followers. Crazy AI, picking up stuff you didn't want them to, arming themselves before you could arm them, shooting themselves or attacking other followers (even though that could be funny also at times). But all in all I liked Virgil's roleplay in the story.....

Ok I said it now feel free to yell at me :eek:

2. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Yeah i liked him. And we will probably get flamed for sayin it :) .

3. xento

xento New Member

Ok I said it now feel free to yell at me :eek:[/quote]

*nbrosz opens his mouth side in a humungous yell* ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

*Phoenix places a gun in nbrosz's wide open mouth and pulls the trigger...*

5. xento

xento New Member

*nbrosz swallows the bullet and later flushes it down the toilet...*

6. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Funny Virgil - when you play a dumb character it's sometimes hilarious to listen to him.

Not Funny Virgil - Virgil, I'm telling you for the nth time I have 100tech aptitude so stop knocking yourself unconscious trying to heal me with magick. Bzoing! (or whatever you call the healing magick sound)

7. xento

xento New Member

Ya. Arcanum 2 really needs a more manual following character pallet, like in Fallout, so you could pick what they use their points for, and which weapons they use, how they use them, which items they use, and at what time, and the spells they use, and at what time.

8. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I had very looong discussions on that subject. Should your followers be mindless puppets or should they be mostly independent. My opinion is: unless someone can actually program good follower AI make them mindless puppets and give players script editor. Seriously, independent characters act so dumb so often I prefer (mundane though) being able to hold their hand.

9. xento

xento New Member

10. Menkhur

Menkhur New Member

Well, since you are at the character conversation, I think that the plot line should include more story arround the characters, and more voices.

The background, story, and plot line elements with any other character other than (ironically) Virgil are very weak.

There should be people who join you for their own reasons and who perform actions regardless of what you are doing.

For example ... I can not belive Magnus didn't say anything at the basement of the jewlery store. He should have gone off and attacked any non-dwarven on sight!

Or Raven ... don't you think she should have a reaction if you take her to Madam Lil's? (Many possibilities on this one ...)

I say :
    Strengthen the plot and actions through the characters.

11. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

What, you mean she starts working for madam lil?

12. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I guess you could say that's true for Vollinger though you experience it to a rather small degree I'm afraid.

13. Susano

Susano New Member

now there we have a nice plot for arcanum2 ;)

my opinion: Virgil is cool.... I mean if you have 8 followers its not important if one of them is weak, and having 2 healers in your group is also pretty nice.... besides for a nice time he is the only (magical) healer you get.

14. Yellena

Yellena New Member

I like Virgil. He has funny comments and he doesn't run away from combat.
    I think he is good at the begining of the game, because than you are not so good at combats. And he heals you when ever you need (or don't need).
    I don't know why you hate him so much.
    It would be nice to see him in Arcanum 2.

15. xento

xento New Member

He is annoying if you are a tech character, though.

16. Hel Khat

Hel Khat New Member

I don't know why you don't like Virgil, he likes YOU, he's always liked you... 8)

17. xento

xento New Member

Unless you tell him to get lost.

18. Lukan_the_witless

Lukan_the_witless Member

apperently I havne't played the game long enough to see why people either love virgle or hate him and what's the deal w/ the sheep!!?? :-?

19. Lagash

Lagash New Member

I would assume that's for the "Virgil the Pervert" mod. I don't think you get any hint of that in the normal game.

Voigool is the most loyal character together with Worthless Mutt, they will attack anyone you tell them to... not like Magnus with his annoying phrase when you attack anyone good (like the pigs in Theo's farm).

But I agree he's annoying when you're a tech character because if you're weak, instead of helping you to fight he wastes his Action Points healing you. But I solved that giving him a lot of bandages, as he has the neutral healing skill a bit developed he can heal you with that.

20. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

Lukan, check the date. The last comment before yours was in September, you moron. That's well over a month ago.

Our Host!