Virgil has literally turned into gold

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by ZippoLag, Jan 20, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. ZippoLag

ZippoLag New Member

Well, as you are invited to see in the attached screenshot at the bottom, Virgil has prolly turned to gold, and sadly he is pretty much useless that way.

Let me give you context: After I speaking to Nassrudin in Thanatos I decided I wanted Virgil back on my party, so I went to the Sobbing Onion and revived him, he joined the party and so we set off to Vendigroth. Upon entering the Vendigroth maze I noticed that even thought Virgil's portrait was still on the party, he was physically absent, I could open his character sheet but not his inventory. When I step outside I found him there, and everything seemed normal, until I told him to leave the party, wich he did, but his portrait was still in the character list, I tried to use "Wait" on the portrait, but it didn't dissapear, now, if I talk to the physical Virgil and tell him to rejoin he'll say he doesn't like to travel with this many people (and truly I'm curious as to what would've happened if I had enough charisma to have an extra follower.. or if I had kicked someone else out of the party, but that ship has sailed), so I walked until he got out of line of sight, then returned and he was gone.. I entered the maze and left it again, just to find a pile of gold in an unreachable square that got covered by some other sprite after I moved, then I right clicked Virgil's portrait and saw that the Inventoy was an enabled option, but trying to open it flashed a empty chest for less than a second and closed it, THEN trying to see his character sheet resulted in this:

[​IMG]

PS: I didn't take a picture, but I SWEAR for a moment the portrait and description also said "Chicken" (and the icon was a paw).
    PPS: HOLY CRAP! Gold is female?!?!?

2. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

I'm kinda short on cash, and I have some followers I don't use and I don't like em anyway. Can you do this trick again?

3. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

That little guy there should be an example to all bugs around the world.

"If you absolutely have to be a bug, don't just crash the game like every other boring bug does - be amusing instead."
    Virgil Gold Bug, Esq.

Our Host!