Virgil fanart

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by Calis, Sep 16, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Calis

Calis Member

Turokess sent in another beautiful piece of fan art. This time we get a good look at how she sees Virgil. You can see the new piece by <A HREF="http://www.terra-arcanum.com/council/fanart/viewart.php?set=misc1.php&image=1" target="_blank">clicking this link</A>.

2. Cobrec

Cobrec New Member

Virgil

Well the picture is quite nice, but I can not resist saying that it appears to be to manly for Virgil. I mean the way he talks, and his character don't really match that picture. If only Troika would have made virgil's character more like that instead of the comic relief....... I do enjoy the art work though, it is quite nice and I am looking forward to seeing more picture post.

3. xento

xento New Member

Re: Virgil

DON'T GRAVEDIG!

You are a complete idiot! Why else do you think that this thread is entitled 'Virgil fanart' other than there will be some Virgil?

4. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

You know, for a reasonably quiet forum, I'd have thought people wouldn't mind taking the opportunity to answer some of the old stuff lying around. If someone digs up an old thread and answers it reasonably, it can't really be so bad, especially considering everyone ignored the news the first time around.

5. Calis

Calis Member

DU,

Does this mean you support my stance on gravedigging? Let's start a campaign for a less-strict response to meaningful gravedigging.

UP WITH THE GRAVEDIGGERS!

:D

6. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Yes.

Gravedigging is a case-by-case situation. For instance, things in the news forum can generally be responded to. Something as late as this, while it's obvious the person had no clue it was old, it still wasn't "OMFG ITS NOT WORKING!!1" followed by a bunch of smilies. They actually gave a decent comment and while it's old, if we hadn't jumped on the OMFG GRYVEDIGG/\R, we might have gotten somewhere.

The cases that I don't like are when someone
    1) Doesn't realise the thread is old
    - AND -
    2) Posts something that's irrelvant to the topic, such as asking a new question which should really be a new thread.
    - OR -
    c) Posts something inane like "Yeah I agree OMFG!!1".

The most irritating is when someone replies to time relevant threads/topics. Issues like "I'm going on holiday" posted in 2001 and you get someone post a reply in 2003 "wishing them well". However, if they reply "Hey! Whatever did happen to this trip you took, you never told us." then that's acceptable, as it's adding something relevant to the thread, raelising it's old, but asking about it.

To stop a thread just because it's 5 days old is a bit quick. This isn't a fast moving forum. Most threads that have died are obvious. But replying to something after a week definately isn't gravedigging.

I dunno, the last time I tried a campaign around here it failed miserably and I didn't get my custom avatar. :)

Although I do like it when someone xento posts something completely incomprehensible.

Uhuh. :nod: What part of his post ISN'T about Virgil?

7. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I have to agree. I really don't like gravedigging, but if the post is ressurected and an intelligent and worthwhile post is made in doing so then it can't be a bad thing. If people don't want to continue the thread it'll get buried again.

However, this is probably the first gravedug post I've seen around here that doesn't involve people gravedigging to post stupid and inflamatory comments, or to answer questions that have either already been answered, or discussed to death in other topics. In that case, a simple search would have revealed it and there was no point in ressurecting an old thread to post the, now, obvious.

Our Host!