VFX signup

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wolfsbane, Jan 21, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Is this the shit or what?

1. Yeah!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. OH Yeah!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I hope Wolfsbane burns at the stake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

I don't think you need any more info, but if you want to post it, post it in the thread.

2. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

Working on it.

3. Wolfsbane

Awesome.

Now, since we've reached the last day of competition, it's time for our first vote! You vote for your favourite fighter, and the winner gets to rip the spine out of his/her opponent. If you like, you can put in why you voted for your particular fighter of choice, but you don't have to. Both of the fighters are welcome to vote, and for their own characters as well. (oh, and it it's unclear how you vote, you simply write the name of your favourite fighter here in the thread)

4. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Popinjay's player votes for Popinjay. *grin*

5. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

6. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

I like dem Votes so I'm going for Silverkin.

(oh, and no more fighting posts, right?)

7. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

8. wobbler

9. Wolfsbane

On the contrary; the fight continues until the winner decides to end the life of his/her opponent. Why stop now when you've got an entire afternoon + evening to spend fighting?

10. wobbler

Because that both of us have a nice lineup for a pretty kill, should either of us win :)

But I'll wrap something up.

(When does the voting end? )

11. Wolfsbane

It ends when I say so :) (more precisely, it ends sometime tonight between 22.00-23.00 Swedish time)

12. wobbler

Well, stakes are 3-1 so I assume that I will be going in the first battle :p

13. Wolfsbane

Five more people are, so there's no need to feel bad about it.

Well, actually, there is.

14. theorel

theorel New Member

Tough choice, I'll vote Silverkin to make it interesting.

15. Wolfsbane

Since I'm closing the vote in this post, I'll refrain from voting myself.

The results are: Poppy "Popinjay" Jeremiah 3 - Pankas Silverkin 2

Well fought, both of you!

Popinjay has won this, the first fight of the VFX! Congratulations, and please, feel free to end the life of our dear Globetrotterus Rex any way you choose, sometime tonight
    (I don't know if it's tonight where you are, Xiao, but it's eight ours til' I wake up so you've got plenty of time). I would like to thank Wobbler for participating in the tournament, and bid him to keep reading and voting in the subsequent fights.

16. wobbler

Yay, fight is over :)

Good fight, I would like to thank everyone that voted for me (me, myself and Theorel).

Good luck Xiao :)

17. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Thanks, wobbler. Good fight. Mages are NASTY opponents.

18. Wolfsbane

Alright! I'll try to set up the next fight within the coming two weeks, so that we all stay in spirit!

19. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

Ok here's my lame attempt at a character. He's probably the most "human" and physically prone of all the fighters (except for Wolfsbane's Bat Girl. Good idea), but I'm going for style over substance. Sorry if it's a little overly descriptive.

Boyd Metzger
    Human Slaver

Character Background (read with Ron Pearlman voice-over):
    Years ago, the bombs fell, pelting a vulnerable Earth from all sides in a wave of destruction and absolution in response to arguably the most hideous display of ignorance in human history. The planet's life-baring skin had been stripped raw by the explosions, exposing a fatty mass of desolate wasteland underneath, and a lethal breath of radiated air up above. Those who outlasted the cataclysm found an almost unscalable task ahead of them....survive in the new frontier or be laid to waste. Would the resulting human societies learn from the gross mistakes of their predecessors? Or was history doomed to repeat itself as it always had before? The Battle of Troy. The Crusades. The European Great Powers. Nazi Germany. Vietnam. The Middle East. It didn't matter. Only one thing was dependably consistent down through the centuries: War never changes.

The aftermath of the devastation gave rise to something more perverse than the radiated freaks of Necropolis; more vicious than the inhuman jaws of a Deathclaw; more grotesque than the Dipped, brainless muscle factories that were the supermutants. Those who once again sought to elevate themselves through the enslavement of humanity emerged. The Slavers were relentless, praying on stragglers crossing the wastelands from settlement to settlement. They captured, sold, and resold the spear-wielding tribals for their strong backs as wel as the ignorant vault dwellers fresh out of the underground in disgusting attempts to pervert their civilized ways. In the end, the Slavers became one of the true nightmares of the wastes, and no clan more so than the Metzgers.

Boyd Meztger was the son of the leader of the most prevalant clan of Slavers, his conception the result of the raping of a slew of female tribals by a father who wished to raise a son who would one day succeed him as head of the family. Metzger learned quickly. The lashes from his brambled whip cut deeper than most. His snares snapped shut on the bones of an unsuspecting ankle quicker than the claws of a radscorpion. The depths of his psychosis were pure venom to the nervous systems of his torture victims deep below the slaver compounds. He often held small tournaments of pugilism for the male slaves with the alluring promise of freedom to the victor. But this was no more than a devious ploy to lure out the most physically imposing captive, to which he gleefully gave a double barreled taste test in a gross, yet effective, display of discouragement to those who would harbor desires to overthrow him.

Some say humans are naturally good, but that our bare, condensed existance with each other breeds contempt, and thus, what can be construed as "evil." Some say we used to be a compassionate species, ruled by a stern yet loving God that eventually grew too remorseful of punishing an entire race just for the sour actions of a few. And that the constant flux of hatred running through societies today is God's final gift to us before his abandonment, allowing us our own atonement for what is ultimately our own sins. Still others say that our existance is a constant struggle of balance on a fine line between what is considered right and wrong and that true "good" and "evil" is only in the eye of the beholder. But those that knew Boyd Metzger would say that evil came to him as naturally as a dog licking it's balls. The story around the campfire goes: His own father never gave a spit to bother to name him. The name "Boyd" came about during his birth, when his tribal mother, knowing what fate lay in store for her should she not bare a son, cried erroneously throughout the entire labor "...Boyd! Boyd! Boyd!..." as only a confused tribal, unfamiliar with the English language, could...all the while thinking she was crying "...boy! boy! boy!..." before passing out from the pain.

Metzger's ascention to leadership of the clan came as seriously and unexpectedly as a heart attack one day when he and his group returned from a slave run to find his father, along with half the watch at the compound, had been literally blown in two during a shootout with an unknown group of wastelanders seeking to free a man called Vic the Trader. This sent Metzger into a downward spiral of fury no man of normal mental fortitude could recover from. Immediately relinquishing control of the compound to his 2nd-in-command, Boyd Metzger, the Boogeyman of the Wastes, ventures out into the charred remains of days-gone-by with the taste of vengeance on his tongue. And God help those who should find themselves in his path.

Character Description:
    Boyd Metzger is a tall, middle-aged man with a tanned, bronze pigment to his skin, consistant with the tribal heritage he gets from his mother. His father was no slouch either, being one of the more rough and physically imposing traders of the clan. Metzger is a natural athlete and no stranger to combat. His lean, muscular body is decorated from bald/shaved head to toe with scars from tribal spears and bullet wounds from opponents more capable of defending themselves. He most often is seen wearing modified leather armor to protect specifically against armor piercing rounds and energy weapons. His chiseled jaw, covered with an unshaven scruff, and dark, expresionless eyes hide the will of an authentic sociopath behind the stern, convincing demeanor of a true man of commerce. Slavery, after all, is still a business. On his forehead is the well-known tattoo required of all slavers to signify not onlty their oppressive profession, but to relay the message to others, in no uncertain terms, "Fuck Off!"

Metzger is a tried-and-true Buffout addict, thus giving him an edge over most in melee combat. He also has a love affair with sidearms, most notably a cherished double barrel shotgun with polished mahogany grip and notches down the length of each barrel to signify the number victims whose lives it's feasted on. When business deals are expected to get...messy...Mezger commonly flanks himself with his two most trusted, and violent, slaves...bound unceremoniously to him by the delicate chains of Jet addiction, to which he generously provides them to make sure relationships remain on the up-and-up. These aren't your normal run of the mill slaves, however. Metzger's personal bodyguards were also modified to inhuman proportions that would put a supermutant to shame by some of the wasteland's most notorious and devious scientific minds. Knife blades in place of a few fingers, increased muscle mass, and steel ribcages are only a few of the post apocalyptice advancements in genetics and immunology available for those willing to shell out the right amount of caps.

20. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Popinjay would sell her firstborn (and quite possibly second and thirdborn into the bargain) to fight Boyd. SERIOUSLY. *applauds*

Our Host!