VFX signup

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wolfsbane, Jan 21, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Is this the shit or what?

1. Yeah!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. OH Yeah!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I hope Wolfsbane burns at the stake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Here ye, here ye, all you men and women who follow the way of violence! Here ye, lunchadores and ninjas! Here ye, vikings, commandos and stuntmen! Here ye, barbarians, superheroes and samurai robots!

TA-entertainment presents to you the most entertaining and violent forum game ever invented:

It's time for Violence Fights of eXtreme!

The rules are simple: Two fighters enter, One fighter leaves. The games will be booked in advance, and each will be held in a new exciting arena. Each game will last for three days (realtime, folks, not ingametime), and during that time the rest of the forumites will be able to vote for their favourite fighter. The fighter with the most votes at the end of the third day wins, and gets to write an extensive and bloody post in which he/she kills the opponent. The winner advances to the next match. The loser goes straight to the graveyard.

Guidelines for voting
    These are for the audience, who gets to vote during each fight. Please take these guidelines into consideration before voting:

- You only have one vote, and you can't change it once you've voted. Bear this in mind, and vote only at the end of each game. This will prevent you from making silly mistakes (like advancing the wrong fighter to the next round), and it will also make the fight more exciting.

- A fighter who never suffers even a single blow is less entertaining than a fighter who knows how to whoop ass and get his/her ass whooped as well. Don't encourage a fighter who refuses to get hit.

- If you participate in the fight yourself, then by all means go ahead and vote for yourself, if you feel that you're the one badass enough to get to advance to the next game.

- Fighters who aren't active are boring and should all be put six-feet-under. Don't vote for them, unless you absolutely bloody have to.

Alright, now let's move on to joining the VFX fighter crew! You join this game by PMing me your fighter, along with details such as their gear, special moves and a mind-numbing background. You can of course post a "I'm in" in this thread, but I won't add you to the list of participants until you've PMed me some biografy. And while your at it, please add the dates of the days in February when you won't be able to play. This makes it easier for me to pair the lot of you up.

You don't have to be active much during the course of these games. Three or four posts per day (during a fight you participate in) is enough for me (or anyone for that matter).

The participant maximum is 12, so get that biografy ready as soon as you can. I have to get 8 participants to get this to be fun, and 4 to get it to work at all, so if you're interested, get as many as possible to join in.

I promise you, this'll be great fucking fun! I gladly await your PMs!

Option 3: "I hope Wolfsbane burn at the stake." - an addition by our dear administrator Vorak

2. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

I request the admins edit in a third option: "I hope Wolfsbane burn at the stake."

3. Wolfsbane

4. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

You brought role playing in to the GD!

5. Wolfsbane

I had to, to get the attention of enough people! Too few are directly interested in the roleplaying section, so I had no choice but to cross the line!

6. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

I have not read through anything fully yet, and I am sitting at a broken table.

Sign me up, I'll fix it in the weekend.

7. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

8. Wolfsbane

Interesting.

But the question remains: you in or out, Vorak?

9. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

How long are these posts expected to be during the battle? Are we talking one of those long RP battles where each poster describes what both fighters do for like 5 minutes, or is this a kinda thing where posters describe their attacks and the opponent describes how they dodge it or get hit or whatever, and then they describe their next attack and etc?

10. Wolfsbane

It's like a gladiator fight. Two people enter an arena and fight to the death. You can't control the other persons actions; you can't make them not dodge/attack etc. What you're supposed to do, is to, together, create the most awesome fight this place has ever seen. Don't write about lowly lefty-jabs or similar stuff. Throw grenades, charge your lazer or release your deadly belly-gas in your opponents general direction. And, of course, destroy the enviroment. Many if not most of the arenas will be crowded with normal NPC nimrods, who all are at your mercy. The only time a player may die is at the end of the fight, when the voting is done. The winner gets to kill the loser in the final post of the fight. Then, a new thread will be started for the next game.

And, about the ingame time; the games probably doesn't last more than, at most, an hour or two ingame. Fights are intence, and so your posts should be intence as well.

Am I making any sence?

11. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

Perfect sense. I just wasn't sure if it was the "tl;dr" type or the "reaction + action in each post" type.

12. Wolfsbane

In other words, it's "reaction + action" game.

13. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

I was going to state that, but technically posts of the "td; dr" type could contain many actions and reactions for both characters.

But "reaction + action" is a fair enough description.

14. Wolfsbane

15. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

Ehh... well I go to school, and I live in Europe, so like my min 4 posts a day would be crammed together when I get home, which would only work if my opponent is on at the same time (I'm GMT time).

Leave me as undecided for the moment.

16. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I'm in. What are the guidelines on our fighters? I was thinking of having a helicopter.

17. Wolfsbane

No vehicles in the arena, unless they are found there (if it's in a garage building etc). Other than that, most gear is welcome. Just don't overkill. Make your fighter badass, not boring.

18. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Teudogar Ravenfeeder

While Caesarian births are common enough, it's quite rare for people to be ripped out of their mother's womb by a frenzied bear that just ate enough rohypnol to sentence anyone for several generations in prison from your neighbour's trash. It's even rarer for the newborn baby to punch its ULTIMATE ÜBERMENSCH IRON FISTS OF DOOM™ through the belly of the bear and strangle it with its own intestines while forcing it to spend the last moments of its life dancing the polka.
    At least, this is what Teudogar tells people. People believe him. The last one foolish enough to disbelieve now have his kneecaps where his testicles used to be.

He's now making big money as a Castrato.

In short, Teudogar is your average teutonic hero. Because he's got the beard. He's got the tattoos. He's got the taste for loose women and inebriating beverages. Raiding, pillaging, raping, murder, genocide, parking violations... he's done it all. What he doesn't have (yet) however, is the first place in a gladiatorial championship. And by Thor, he'll have it or let other people die trying!

Surely what you mean to say is that you are a man for the people?

19. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

But you just said that so I did say it.

And it seems my messing with Wolfbanes post has failed to derail this thread.

20. Wolfsbane

Come on, people! Where are my fighters? Wobbler, Garm and Grakelin, you lost interest all of a sudden?

Our Host!