VFX Ressurection signup

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wolfsbane, May 11, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Charonte

Charonte Member

Samurai Dragon? If I remember rightly the trick was to wait until it swung down with its sword, move back, jump up and take a chunk out of its nose. The armour you can pick up off of the shogun type things can help a lot.

Anyway, ignoring slightly homoerotic youthful obsessions, I don't use an emulator. I still have an original Sega Master System II (Complete with rectangular controller) which I just plug into the TV whenever I need to. Only other games I have for it is a 2 player Dracula type thing and Back to the Future.

2. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

I am not sure if I can participate with this tournament, due of lack of time, but I will try. Anyway, here is my character:

The Story : He is one of the youngest hunter of the Predator Race who had more kills in his youth. Now through his high competence, Haedor is now one of the dangerous hunter/warriors, who were feared by others. After hunting Aliens on another planet in the far side of space, he came with his spaceship at the VFX tournament.

Name: Haedor
    Race: Predator

Special Attacks : Lock on Target, Bomb (Blast 100 radius), Rage.

[/b] Special qualities [/b]: Fire resistance 5, electrical resistance 5, acid resistance, radiation resistance, remain consious.

Personality : He is arrogant, merciless and an utterly psychotic, sadistic sociopath.

Equipment : Cloaking device (Grants no duration invisibility), Helmet (Grants Haedor to spot Aliens, humans or warmblooded animals)

Weapons : Two wrist blades, Yautja scimitar, Plasma caster, disc (melee or ranged)

PS: I have updated my character.[/b]

3. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Just one quick question Artghon, are you playing Heroes of Newerth?

(I'll wrap something up when I get back form the woods. Beware.)

4. Arthgon

My character is based on the Predator from the Movie Predator I and II, and Alien VS Predator.

5. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Are you going to stick with this one or will you edit it to something completely different?

6. Arthgon

7. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

8. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

It's all good! But I'm waiting for more people! Grakelin, where are you? And wobbler, and GrimmHatter, where are your fighters? Let's get this party started already!

9. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

10. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Name: Johnathon Goldsmith

The Story

He wouldn't be afraid to show off his feminine side... if he had one. His mother has a tattoo that says "Son". When he goes to museums, he is allowed to touch the art. He is the most interesting man in the world.

Abilities
    Johnathon Goldsmith has superhuman intelligence, strength, and reflexes. He is also an expert in a variety of extreme and minor skills, can speak at least four languages (including Russian, French, and English, and most likely Spanish), and has connections among the most powerful individuals in all the world.

He also has a personality so magnetic that he can't carry credit cards. His organ donor card lists his beard. The police sometimes question him just because he is interesting.

I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

Stay thirsty, my friends.

Character Image
    [​IMG]

11. Arthgon

Grak: Awesome and interesting character. Now only wobbler and GrimHatter have to make one.

Wolfbane: Are you going to make a new character, or is Penny going to fight in this tournament of VFX?

12. Wolfsbane

Grakelin: Interesting!

Arthgon: If Penny enters the competition, it will be with a slightly modified background.

Now, people, should we wait for more characters to join or should we set the ball in motion?

13. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Set the ball in motion lest the steam dissipates.

14. Wolfsbane

It has begun. Now I'm only waiting for an answer.

15. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

16. Wolfsbane

One more answer required before this thing is a go. In the meantime, here's my character.

Name: Penny "Batgirl" Adams
    Occupation: Former superhero/supervillain, currently unemployed.

The Story (for original character background, see the original VFX thread):
    While Penny did not compete in the Violence Fights of eXtreme tournament the last time, she did indeed participate in the VFX - the Vanity Fair of eXquisite, by mistake. And even though she did win the first prize of that tournament (by means of her baseballbat and the mysterious disappearance of her competition), she wasn't very satisfied. So, she has once again applied to the VFX tournament to earn her rightful title as the most badass fighter in the world (a quite unique title in more ways than one).

Abilities:
    Penny is very well versed in the hit and run tactics of fighting with a baseball bat while rollerskating. She is very agile and could probably win prizes both as a proffessional rollerskater and hitter (both in baseball and other illegal activities). She's equipped with an adamantine baseballbat and a pair of rollerskates (aside from her clothing, that is).

17. Wolfsbane

Second fighter ready to go!

The Grand Opener and first fight of the VFX will be fought by Jerald and Haedor, controlled by The_Bob and Arthgon! The show will start on early Monday and end on late Wednesday, so prepare yourselves for the battle of your lives!

18. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

19. Wolfsbane

20. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Better late then sorry. Story might be added later.

Mr lee

Story: Mr Lee is working for Megadodo Publications, the well know company that published "hitchhikkers guide to the Galaxy". He has been assigned, with his dear friend Mr Pi, to write "hitchhikkers Guide to space and time" and is the photographer of the two. Mr Lee and Mr Pi don't really recall when they were sent out, but they estimate to have explore about 50% of space and time (this inludes every dimension and every possibility to another universe). Due to exstensive traveling through space and time, they have picked ut osme very extraordinary equipment and most will be describer later. Another sideeffect to the travelling is the fact that they don't age, they themself have come to the conclusion that they live outside time.

In order to get a real closeup story of the VFX Mr Lee decided he would participate.

Equipment:
    Their most precious item is The Key. The key can open any door to any place and any time. It's the only reason they can work the way they do.

Next is the Towel. As know from HHGTTG, the Towel is still the most important piece a hitchhikker can have. Theirs have made bullet and magic proof.

As third item comes Mr Lee's Camera. It looks like an ordinary camere from the 1980's of Planet Earth in the Milky Way, but it's not any camera. This one takes picture in 4Dimensions, instead of the regular two or three.

Their fourth item is the laptop which Mr Pi uses to store the book on. How it works is a mystery to them (they are no scientists, they are journalists) but it's capable of storing everything they want to store.

The fifth items worth mentioned looks like an old electrical shaver, but is indeed a form of electrical long range taser. This is also the only weapon like item Mr Lee have.

They also have various other curious items that have picked up here and there, but none really needs to be mentioned.

Our Host!