Veteran Arcanamite in need of basic patching/module advice.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Howard Stern, Nov 15, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Howard Stern

Howard Stern Member

So I haven't played this game in about 4 years, but it's still my all-time favorite RPG.

I forget how the patches work. I install the game then I download the official patch and install it into the "Arcanum" folder? For unnoficial patches I think Drog's was the best. I install it the same way; I just double click and install the patch into the general "Arcanum" folder, that's all there is to it right?

I also do not want to play just the same story lines again, I remember all of them by heart! Can I just download all of the fan made modules and install them all, do they install the same way as the patches? Are there any of them that have problems? Do these modules sort of expand the original story line or are they like seperate games?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Well, if you want a really complex fan-made patch, first you download patch 1.0.7.4, and then download rroyo's Arcanum: WIP version 6, which contains the version just before Drog's final release of the unofficial patch. Installing Drog's final patch and the WIP at the same time will not work at all.
    The WIP version 6.0 adds many new locations, new NPC's to recruit as well as ones to populate new towns, new weapons, some new game-lore, and I think the ability to return from the void when everything is said and done. Also, plenty of new schematics, and I think nearly every custom background was included. There may be a chest on your ship to store items, too...or I'm thinking specifically of Car Arcanum in this regard.

3. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I added the ship's hold mod too.

Howard Stern: And - It also adds the Vormantown module to the main game.

4. Howard Stern

Howard Stern Member

Our Host!