Vendigroth and Void Structures

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Anonymous, Jun 3, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Or the incredibly powerfull magic Arronax used was fundementally altered by the reality warping properties of the banishment spell and actually created its own new form of life.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Given that I'm thinking of making this a port town - pre-disaster - the idea of the wisps being mutated into the jellyfish-like Araya seemed not too far-fetched. Maybe a few jellyfish got blended with some wisps and created the Araya.

As for the reproduction - I'm still kicking that one around. So far, the best I've managed to come up with is "Life finds a way".

Wait a minute - those who were banished stopped aging - like Arronax, and physically remained the same - but at Liam's portal, it was Void lizards and Araya that was comming out.

Ergo - Those who were mutated by the original disaster live, breed, and die, while those who came later do not.

What do you think?

3. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

That's a pretty sound bit of fantasy you have there. GO FOR IT!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All those years spent watching sci-fi and monster movies are finally starting to pay off...

Can I get a second on this idea?

Edit: June 8 - I'm going to be away for a while, but please, keep the ideas comming. This is a piece that really needs a master modder to do it full justice, but has only me, a beginner. I can use all the help I can get.
    Thanks in advance and have fun!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Today I'm ready to begin building the Void Rescue quest. What I've got penciled out is a roughly circular area about the same size as the Isle of Despair. This will be plenty large enough for four or five towns and a small mountain range and still leave plenty of room for wilderness encounters and the assorted ruined "homestead" to raise false hopes in the players that they've reached their destination.

Since there were four of you were good enough to help me brainstorm this addition, I was wondering if each of you would like to name a town or the mountain range. One town is already named: Bedokaa, from hence the Bedokaans came from. The rest are as follows; clockwise from the north:

"The Mandroid City" - The heavy industrial center of the province, just south of the city of Vendigroth. The workers who were building automotons became merged with the machines and went mad.

"Fire Diamond Town" A small mine here is the only known source of fire diamonds which is vital to make power cells.

"The Mithril Mines" This is the mountain range and if there is enough room, perhaps a tiny community. Think Shrouded Hills. This will be almost centered on the map.

"The Port City" Here is were you enter the Void and meet the last sentient beings "native" to the Void. It is on the verge of being overrun by the hords of lizards.

"Liam Cameron's Portal Source" This is were the last attempt for an escape transpired. The people here succesfully created a working portal, then their defenses failed and the town was overrun.

"The Mining Town" A place that might be added to the mountain range.

If you like to name a town or the mountains, just post it here. That way, if two of you decide to name the same place, you can readily see that it's already been taken, and make your second choice.

As for me, I have created the name of Ravatolar, which I will use on whatever place remains.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

6. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Shyamalan mountains.

Edit:
    reference to:
    - the director of The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable
    - the Hamalayi mountains in Little Big Adventure

7. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

The Mandroid City
    I'm thinking something like...
    (Original Name)Hammer Fall
    (After the "merging")Ferro-Osteopolis

8. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Port City:

Vorakia home of the Vorakians :D

9. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Rosenburg - The place where Liam Cameron's portal was made just before the defences finally fell.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since Wolfsbane seems to have declined to join in on the naming, I'll be happy to add Frigo's offering and call the matter closed. The Fire Diamond Mine/City will be named Ravatolar.

Again, I thank you all.

11. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Well, I didn't decline to join, but I couldn't summon any good names right now. Besides, the names presented here would've done more than good.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I stand corrected, Wolfsbane.
    FYI: There's still the possibility of a fifth place. If you'd like, go ahead and post a name for it.

13. Ogatai

Ogatai New Member

For the Mandroid city, because the city as you said is or was made by sentiet or insane Automatons, couldn't you use a more robotic name for it like MNDRCTY131441832025?

Just a thought, what if the voids current state was similar to what happened to Arcanum countless millenia ago. The cataclysmic event that led humans to unnaturally evolve into elves, orcs and ogres and released Magick upon the world? But instead the void world was too unstable with the already advanced technological influence of its inhabitants and it tore the very earth asunder destroyed the sky and left any survivors twisted to the point in which they became the Arraya and Void Lizards. However the after affect of the Magickle surge left the planet open to advanced mages of arcanums past to locate and harness a gateway to the void.
    But that leaves one question I would like answered who and what was Krygyyrrd?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In the orignal game, that seems to go answered, but in my hack, I plan to have a bit of dialog with the leader of the Vorakians in which you learn that Krygyrd (I hope that's spelled right) was the last and most evil necromancer in the provence. When he was overthrown, his castle was preserved as a cultural heritage. It later became Kerghan's castle.

Our Host!