Vampire Update #17

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by Dragoon, Sep 16, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Hollywood has just <a href="http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=11430">posted</a> another Vampire update. This one's about attributes and the consequences of breaking the Masquerade.

<blockquote>1) We know there will be powerful "beings" behind our tales if/when we break the masquerade. Does this mean the game is over when you break the masquerade too much? Or will there be a slight chance for(powerful) kindred to escape, and maybe even loose them for good? Or just put them off for awhile?

When you break the masquerade, hunters come after you - the higher your number of Masquerade violations, the more hunters. Unlike cops when you get a criminal violation, you need to kill the hunters or just avoid them forever. They're zealots, remember, they won't rest until you're dead. If you get too many Masquerade violations (5), your game is over. There are quests that you can do that will restore Masquerade points to keep from reaching the evil, game ending 5 violations.

2) In the video on Yahoo, it seemed like Bob the Tremere only got 3/4/5 to spend on his attributes. Was this just an earlier version of the game, or do the dots mean something different now?

Actually, the 3/4/5 was unbalancing the game, it became too easy and fast to become uber powerful. You could start the game with a feat or two nearly maxed out under the old point distribution, so we lowered it to 1/2/3.</blockquote>

Zealots on my tail - that's got to be exciting ;)

Source: Hollywood

2. xento

xento New Member

Meh... Too bad there's a triggered 'game over'.

3. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Yar. The "maximum of 5 Masquerade breakages" thing doesn't sound too exciting. I mean hell, I should be able to break the damn Masquerade so much everyone runs from me on sight or something.

ph34r my vampire self.

4. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

And even more charging with stakes at you. I don't mind the limit. For one it is to be a masquerade by definition. Secondly there'll probably be a fan fix soon enough for all ya "let's just see what happens if I start sucking people in a supermarket". You just can't wait to suck, can you.

5. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

I want to suck now. I want to suck so much it hurts.

6. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Our Host!