Vampire not so weekly update #13

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by Dragoon, Jul 5, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

This time we get some info on fighting, cash and what goodies you will be able to get your hands on.

<blockquote>1) How will melee- combat be handled? Will you merely swing and dodge and such (like in Rune) Or will there be blocks parrys, special attacks, combos? (like in Jedi Knight) If you have gone with the latter option then are there varied fighting styles (one handed, two-handed, above head, to the side etc.) , or will there be one melee stance for all weapons? Also, can melee weapons break, in accordance with the physics engine? If i hit the Gargoyle with a katana, will the Katana break as it should?

Hits misses and damage are all keyed off of the interaction between the melee feat and the defender’s defense feat (and soak, if applicable). The results of that interaction will determine whether the NPC will dodge, block, get staggered, or any other number of possible outcomes. It’s not entirely data driven, however, as the player has to decide in real time which attacks or combos to use and on which enemies (as you are often fighting multiple enemies). The attacks and combos are keyed off the different direction buttons. Holding down “W� (moving forward) will key off a different set of attacks than holding down �A� (left strafe) will.

2) Is there some sort of monetary system in Bloodlines? If so, what sort of things will we be able to obtain, besides blood and guns?

Clothing/armor, occult items, melee weapons, and research manuals. Most of your money is used for buying either blood, weapons and ammo, as a lot of items are given through quests.</blockquote>

On the side the 2004 E3 demo at San Diego Comic Con July 22-25, so if you happen to be there at that time be sure to stop by Activision booth.

Suorce: <a href="http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=11177"> Hollywood </a>

2. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

dragoon, darling, i hate to be the one to point this out to you, but Hollywood posts these not so weekly updates down in the vampire section of our forum... of course, if you already knew this, just ignore me :)

3. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Yes, he knew, but he wanted it in news, and therefore on the main page. Look at his source, it is Hollywood's post on T-A.

4. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

You're sooo wrong Icairus. All I ever wanted was for Rosie to call me "darling".

5. xento

xento New Member

I thought all you wanted was to misspell 'source' and get away with it.

6. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

7. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

We have a Vampire forum!?

Oh yeah, that thing down there. I see it now.

8. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Now I can die as a happy man. *calmly awaits for a "package" from Rosie's husband*

Our Host!