Vampire Bloodlines reviewed at Moby Games

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by DarkUnderlord, Mar 2, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Some bloke name Tim Cross has <a href="http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines/reviews/reviewerId,106678/">posted a review of Bloodlines on MobyGames</a>. Sure, it's one of those user submitted reviews but it's not like there's anything else to post news about, is there?
    <blockquote>Despite that seemingly insurmountable list of problems, I would still recommend this game to fans of RPGs, FPS RPGs, and White Wolf’s Masquerade universe. This game is one of the deepest and most interesting RPGs I have ever played. It actually puts its gritty urban setting to use (unlike so many games), crafting a bizarre nightmare version of our own dangerous cities. It provides a truly interesting story, great character development, and a terrifically tense and atmospheric experience. However, the number of bugs, glitches and imbalances in the game threaten to ruin it.

The only way to get this great game to be even barely playable is to download the latest fan-made patch, unfortunately. The community patch provides all of the fixes that Troika should have put into the game before it went gold. Modern resolutions are added to the game’s options (this makes a huge difference), broken quests are fixed, missing quests are added, powers and weapons that got cut are added in, character creation is fleshed out, and most importantly, the game is stabilized.</blockquote>
    Go on over and <a href="http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines/reviews/reviewerId,106678/">read the rest</a>.

2. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

Well it's a week old now, but far be it from me to not want to post in a VtM thread.

I have yet to hear from any fans of PnP Vampire about the lack of true Sabbat representation in the game. Yeah the stereotypical shovelheads were cute for the tutorial, but what else was there besides a stuffy, ancient Tzimisce and his herd of meat bunnies? Where were the Lasombra? They're The Keepers; the spiritual leaders of the Sabbat. I don't even recall any mention of the Black Hand.

Regardless, this is still one of the best games I've ever owned, but might have been "the" best with the right amount or Sabbat influence in the main plot, or *gasp* Lasombra as a selectable Clan.

3. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I would have liked to play the Sabbat. No humanity, no masquerade to deal with, just a whole slew of hunters and vampires jumping down your throat when you misbehaved.
    Playing as a Malkavian made you refer to the Sabbat as The Black Hand constantly. It's not quite the same thing, but I guess it makes sense to the Malks since they're so damn crazy.

Our Host!