Vampire backround?????

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by Zaug767, Apr 7, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Zaug767

Zaug767 New Member

:( :) Is there a way to be a vampire in this game ? I just found the
    cd cause i lost it while ago and thought there was a vampire backround,
    or am i getting confused with the sold ur soul one?

2. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

I think you're just thinking of every other recently produced fucking fantasy role playing game but Arcanum. God damn it i'm sick of this vampire fad. DAMN YOU POPULAR CULTURE!!

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    In English: No, there's no way to become a vampire in Arcanum, neither through background or otherwise. You are, rightly as you said, mixing it up with the "Sold your soul" background, which grants you greater magickal power in exchange for a permanent evil alignment and worse NPC reactions. Sorry...

By the way, this the wrong forum for this kind of questions. This should go to the Arcanum Discussion. :)

4. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

5. 5th_horseman

5th_horseman New Member

It's possible to play a vampire, I wrote a tiny addon to arcanum, I got bored with after a couple games and have deleted it.

But how it worked was this, you meet an NPC vampire, get into a fight, it hits you, this transfered an item to you with a script, that made you a vampire.

The script is day/night linked, in the forced you to remain prone with reduced stats, night increased stats, if I remember I used daylight condisionals with add or remove effect, two effects to to increase/decrease stats and looped the force prone linked to a daylight condisional.

Oh! remembered also had a condisional that caused 1 point of fire damage if you were outdoors this was in the prone looping, but dropped as was sure death when tried to travel overland, No indoors avilable then. ;)

Hope it helps you

6. aquestionmarkperson

aquestionmarkperson New Member

wasn't there a vampre background in that background download thing where you download a whole bunch of new backgrounds from some place?

Our Host!