Upcoming games for 2011

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arthur_Vaapeli, Feb 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. yuanyelss

yuanyelss New Member

I don't have any consoles, so most of releases of 2011 do not concern me at all. Oh, and probably Skyrim, but it looks like consolitis hit it full-force, even harder than Oblivion...

2. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

It looks like you copy and pasted that response from the Bay12 forum, yuanyelss.

It's usually better to have original thoughts.

3. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

4. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

5. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Yeah grabbed the DA2 demo the other day but it says I am missing component something and I should reinstall, I spat on it and uninstalled.

6. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Seemed to be a problem with my sound file or something, because I can't hear the dialouges. Kinda shitty.

7. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I may just download it on my ps3 instead, I would like to think consoles don't have the same issues as PCs.

8. Arthur_Vaapeli

Arthur_Vaapeli New Member

Yeah, Invisible War DID sucked a lot, it's sad to see a sequel that sucks, but the plot is actually cool, I guess.

9. Kaitol

Kaitol New Member

I've played Daggerfall, Morrowind, and Oblivion. And I can honestly say the games have become increasingly dumbed down, Shrinking in size and scope in favor of graphical enhancements and user-friendliness. I could go on a huge rant but that would be pointless. I just have this to say. Skyrim had better have more then 5 goddamn voice actors.

10. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

As much as I liked Fable 3, everything in the game was dumbed down. I can appreciate the work that went in to making the game look beautiful, and all transitions in the game are seamless, but it's much less challenging than the last two games.

11. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

How can they dumb down fable 3? Fable 1 was dumb enough.

12. Kaitol

Kaitol New Member

That's why people hate on it. If they ramped up the difficulty and balanced magic fable would probably be one of my favorites. And maybe got rid of the farting in peoples faces stuff. Seriously, no one above the mental capacity of a 5 year old finds toilet humor amusing Peter. I tolerated 1, haven't gotten to play 2 yet, but from what I've seen of 3 it's not even worth $20. $10 would be a stretch if it wasn't pretty to look at at least.

13. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Wow looks like your hate towards fable is personal.

14. Kaitol

Kaitol New Member

Well, its more linear then 2, magic is even more overpowered, melee is utterly useless since every enemy will always block everything and magic and guns are un-blockable. You have to go through 3 loading screens to change your weapon, the multi-player is tacked on and behind the curve. The interface is irritating. You are railroaded into being "good" for 85% of the game then are given one nigh pointless yes/no choice if you are good or evil.There are loading screens everywhere and the areas are linear and fenced in. There is no map outside some shitty model thing you have to go through 2 loading screen to get to. It just goes on and on. It's like they took 2, shit all over it and carefully painted it with gold leaf.

Boring combat, boring story, boring multiplayer. I can forgive a game being simple, I can even stand them dumbing down franchises I like. What I cannot tolerate is a boring game. That is the exact opposite of what a game is intended to be.

15. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Sounds like it slept with your girlfriend or something.

16. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

17. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Magikot can't come to the phone right now. He's too busy playing Pokemon. Please leave a message after the beep.

Beep.

Our Host!