Upcoming games for 2011

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arthur_Vaapeli, Feb 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Arthur_Vaapeli

Arthur_Vaapeli New Member

Hello gentlemen, and ladies if there is any.

I'd like to discuss about the upcoming games for this year, tell what are you expecting, what do you think should be done, any sequel's you'd like to talk about.

Well... I shall start off:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The trailers? Amazing. What I'm expecting about it? That Square Enix doesn't fuck up the whole story.

Adam Jensen is quite a nice character looks-wise, and that augmented arm is just stunning, the first trailer that was actually a teaser, was very nice, a techno-baby, or something like that, the second one, now a true trailer, was mindfucking, Icarus' wings, mechs, riots, chaos, all-in-one package for a perfect story.

2. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Pokemon Black and White. No need for any other game.

3. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

4. Arthur_Vaapeli

5. DaneKoponen

DaneKoponen Member

This.

As long as you can still be a vanguard.

6. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Hopefully, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

I can't wait!

7. Viktor_Berg

Viktor_Berg New Member

So far, Witcher 2 and Portal 2. I don't have any consoles, so most of releases of 2011 do not concern me at all. Oh, and probably Skyrim, but it looks like consolitis hit it full-force, even harder than Oblivion.

8. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Dragon Age 2, Diablo III, and Grim Dawn, if it comes out in 2011. It might just be the best basis for our Arcanum 2, or maybe be something of a really spiritual successor (it's supposedly a little Victorian themed?)

9. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

I'm excited about the game 'Operation Enduring Freedom'. I hear it's very immersive, and requires at least 8,760 hours to complete! Also, you get payed to play it and it doesn't even require an internet connection! And the fun doesn't have to stop there, because the developer, U.S. Army, offers a wide array of DLC packages. Expansions like 'PTSD', 'Stop-Loss', and 'Physical Therapy' to name a few. And unlike WoW, if you die while playing the game your funeral and expenses will be covered by the developer! What a bargain!

10. Arthur_Vaapeli

AWESOME! But what makes me sad is that this is only a bait for youngsters to join the army, what a great idea they had!

11. DaneKoponen

DaneKoponen Member

Despite all this, the reviews I read were overwhelmingly negative. I was going to try it out for a while as an EOD character, myself.

Awesome post :)

12. Crypton

Crypton Member

Arcanum: Revolution and OpenArcanum might get released this year, at least some tech demo, so I'm definitely looking forward...

13. Arthur_Vaapeli

They will most certainly be ground-breaking, when I joined this community, I couldn't believe people were still so interested in Arcanum. Hope it comes out great!

And RunAwayScientist, you're completely right, the games are getting more and more, say, "stock". Not much great ideas coming up, you know Dead Space? It's astouding, but it's nothing new, that gives me the feel of something lacking.

Deus Ex, it is 11 years old, and still kicks-ass, see, graphics are not the most important thing.

14. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Pokemon: Black & White.

Close your eyes to all else.

15. Arthur_Vaapeli

This should be cool too, I'm not a hige fan of the Pokémon series, but I play it once in a while.

I was reading the game news today, and I can't wait to see that new game Brink, from what I saw in the teasers and trailers, this game is going to blow my mind.

16. Viktor_Berg

Viktor_Berg New Member

Infinity is not released, and is currently holding a title of vaporware. I have NO idea why you would recommend "playing" it.

17. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Gotta fight the man! Can't let those big companies that started out small once have all the control. Who do they think they are? It's not like they spent the last decade or more growing by releasing games people enjoyed.

18. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

We need more companies like Troika to produce well-intentioned but unfinished and broken games, instead.

19. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

See grakelin gets it.

20. Viktor_Berg

Viktor_Berg New Member

They only released a combat prototype on a very early version of the engine. It has almost none of the features shown even in the latest videos.

Our Host!