Unusual Enterprize Discussion

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Xiao_Caity, May 26, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I couldn't stop myself.

Imagine yourself aboard the Starship Enterprise - the original ship as portrayed in the new movie, with Captain "The Great Horndog Of The Galaxy" Kirk in charge. Would you be a navigator? A security redshirt? Doctor McCoy's right hand man? Only you know!

The scene opens, revealing a damaged bridge and several unconscious officers. With most of the senior officers out of commission or busy dealing with injuries and damaged engines, it's up to you poor sods to keep the ship and her crew alive and running for long enough to discover what happened and try to find a way out!

Pity the Enterprise.

Senior Officers and Status
    Captain James T. Kirk: Unconscious and badly injured. Although not dying, his treatment will keep him out of commission for hours.
    Science Officer Spock: Trapped in a shuttle in the depressurised and damaged shuttle bay. Although not in any immediate danger, he cannot escape the bay until engineers can be spared to free him - and the engines are slightly higher on the priority list right now! He can be contacted sporadically but do nothing but offer advice.
    Chief Medical Officer Leonard 'Bones' McCoy: Where else would he be during a disaster? Bones is working his arse off in Sickbay, trying to keep casualties to a minimum. Disturbing him for anything less than a medical emergency will result in a tongue-lashing of the unsexy kind and possible later repercussions.
    Communications Officer Nyota Uhura: Suffering from a concussion, and waiting for a medic. She's in no shape to help anyone just yet.
    Chief Engineer Montgomery 'Scotty' Scott: Busy running around like a madman, trying to keep the ship running. He can give updates on the overall status of the ship and of the engines in particular, but he won't leave his post for anyone.
    Lieutenant Sulu: Trapped in a turbolift between Decks 4 and 5 with a junior engineer and a yeoman. He's making his way up, but the on-duty pilot is kinda dead. As in, 'oh wow, that's a really bad burn, it must really... oh...' dead.
    Navigator Ensign Pavel Chekov: The only member of the bridge crew not injured or elsewhere. (I can't hurt him, it would be like kicking a puppy... A cute geeky Russian puppy.) Although technically next in command, he'll defer to anyone with higher rank. He's busy trying to keep the ship on course anyway.

A Quick Note Regarding Characters: Most characters, being fresh out of the Academy through sheer necessity, will range between the ages of 20 and 26. Chekov is a special case, being a prodigy, as is Doctor McCoy, who joined the fleet later in life. In general, though, the 20 - 26 range is a given. Uniforms - Red for Engineering and Security, Blue for Science and Medical, Gold for Command and Operations.

Xiao's Character
    Name: Amy Louisa Graham
    Planet/Colony of Origin: Eden Colony, Titan
    Race: Human
    Hair: White
    Eyes: Pale Blue
    General Appearance: A young albino woman from Titan. Her hair is slightly past the length where regulation would have her tie it up, but Kirk generally ignores this particular rule, so she often lets it hang around her shoulders and her fringe shadows her eyes. She's short and slender, but not quite enough to be boyish. When not in uniform, she usually wears grey and blue clothing that covers all but her face and hands - some of the more powerful (or unusual) lights on board the ship can give her sunburn.
    Specialty/Uniform: Science/Blue
    Career History: Entered Starfleet Academy at age 16. Majored in Science, focusing on Astrophysics. Also took a minor course in piloting and bridge operations, enabling her to transfer to Operations if she so chooses. Graduated during the events of Nero's attack, along with many other cadets. Survived Nero's attack while serving on the Enterprise and chose to remain aboard when Kirk was granted the Captaincy.
    Personality: A quiet and serious young woman. Possesses a surprisingly snarky sense of humour and often snaps out sarcastic or caustic comments when under stress. She comes alive when working in emergency situations or when working on a particularly difficult problem. She has a fierce crush on Chekov, but is scared to actually say anything, having had a particularly poor track record with relationships during her time at the Academy.
    Other Notes: Her crush on Chekov is obvious to pretty much everyone but Chekov himself. She loves Tribbles - Scotty owns a couple, and occasionally finds her hanging around the engine room to play with them. She's the kind of person who will hang around the edges of a party, apparently annoyed, but she never actually leaves.

2. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

3. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

You're no fun Yuki - you shouldn't post just to say no. :lol:

Name: Quentin Denner
    Planet/Colony of Origin: Northreach Station, Mars
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Dark blue (and usually bloodshot)
    General Appearance: Quentin is a tall, gangly man with a slightly gaunt appearence. He shaves his head evey time his hair grows past 3 cm, claiming that it imapairs his thinking. Under stress his hands tend to twitch and perform imaginary diagnostics, and he is a very fast runner. His left ear is pierced, but he only wears his saphire erring off-duty.
    Speciality/Unifiorm: Engineering/Red
    Career History: Quentin applied to starfleet at age 17 after excessive pressure from his mother, who runs the Northreach Solar Phenomana Reaserch Facility on Mars. He poor abilty in mathmatics served to prolong his term of study, and he had to recieve tutoring for the duration of his time at the acadamy. His graduation paper - on the thoerectical applications of a warp-capable torpedo - earned him a commendation from the Acadamy Commandant. Still hesitant and unsure of his abilities, Quentin has be slow to gel with the engineering staff, and is slighty in awe of the Cheif Engineer.
    Personality: Intelligent and just lacking confidence, Quentin is reserved in conversations he doesn't feel very comfortable in, but animated and effusive if he thinks of someting interesting. He is unfailingly polite - his parents were rather strict - and does his best to help with fellow crewmembers problems.
    Other Notes: Though his graduation has given him confidence, Quentin is still afraid that he isn't really starfleet material. He often stays up late to study things he is having trouble with and consequently is behind on his sleep. The event which has hit the Enterprise is the first non-simulated crisis he has had to deal with, and how he does so will be very formative to his character.

4. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Welcome aboard, Quentin! You've chosen (or been assigned to) the most trouble-prone ship in the fleet. You poor bastard.

(Amy: What about me? You put on the ship during the Nero crisis, you bitch!
    Xiao: You're alive, ain't ya?
    Amy:...)

5. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

Poor Quentin has seen that the torpedoes in the tubes think that they have been launched, and are thus armed. He's calling the bridge, if you want to take his call, feel free, otherwise I'll put it in my next post. (He's pretty close to a nervous breakdown :lol: .)

6. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Oh goodie. This is gonna be hysterical.

Incidentally, strange things should start popping up soon. Tools you needed but knew for a fact you didn't have, good luck charms left with your family, that kind of thing. :D

7. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Okay, I shall join the troubled starship:

Name: Edward Duke
    Planet/Colony of Origin: Terra
    Race: Human
    Hair: Black that begins to grey
    Eyes: Dark Blue
    General Appearance: Edward is a muscular and a tall man with the height of 6'3". He has an overbearing, tough, and weathered appearance. A broken nose and a scar on the left side of his face are the evidence that he has fought many battles on the street and on his ship. He lost his right eye when he was betrayed and ambushed by the government. On his belt he still has his saber which he uses as a weapon when he loses his gun.
    Specialty/Uniform: Security/Red
    Career History: He began as an infamous pirate captain on the planet Terra, but was betrayed, ambushed and captured by the government when he was 22 years old. Having the choice of the death penalty or to join the Starfleet Academy, he took the opportunity to do something good for a change and joined the academy. There at the academy he majored in security, focusing on hand to hand battle.
    Personality: Overbearing, tough, and always calm in desperate situations kind of man. Edward loves dark humor, and has a sarcastic and witty tongue. He loves to tell about his journeys and battles, but he would not speak about his journey to the far south, perhaps one day he shall tell it to someone.
    Other notes: He has still some friends in the right places, but the most are dead, or mysterious vanished. The doomed journey to the far south has still a great impact on him.

8. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Oh, this is gonna be interesting. Welcome aboard, Ensign Duke. I feel your abilities to kick arse will be necessary in the very near future.

9. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Yeah, yeah, I know, double post, etc etc I DON'T CARE.

About now, people should start feeling heightened emotions. Annoyance becomes rage, frustration becomes resentment, etc., etc.. It's like someone reached into your head and tweaked the emotional centres of your brains into overdrive.

10. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

Ahh, poor Quentin. I don't know if he has the mental fortitude to make it through this yet. I do know that I haven't had this much fun with a character in a while. Its been three years since Dunty, my kleptomaniac dwarf. :lol:

I'm interested to see what kind of being has boarded our ship.

11. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

You remember how demented Trelaine was in TOS? Give him the power level of, say, Q (oh god how I love you John de Lancie, your wife is a lucky woman), and a god complex and we're looking at how much trouble we're in.

Poor Quentin. I hope he makes it through this, I like him.

EDIT: Oh god, I just realised what I have to do to poor Amy.

12. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

Well, if Quentin lives through this, he's going to be remarkably more together than he was. Amazing what an induced mental breakdown can achieve. Hopefully Amy will be similarly resiliant to damage (though she's staring at a nuke, while Quentin got shot in the arm. One probably doesn't walk away scot-free from that.)

13. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Amy's gonna loose the vast majority of her pre-Starfleet memories and is gonna be pretty thoroughly traumatised.

14. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

15. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Heh...

This is the fun 'wrapping shit up' part of the 'episode'. Basically, everyone goes about cleaning up the mess, and describing how their characters deal with, well, everything. Then I'll finish with a Captain's log from Kirk and we can decide if we wanna go straight into another episode or what.

16. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

Sweetly fine. That came together really well, lots of fun. The senior officers are now beginning to make their way back to the bridge, while our characters are being carried out for medical attention. I expect that Mr. Spock is going to want to check both Amy and Quentin to gauge the effects of their phsycic trauma, so I figure he'll go to sickbay after things are sorted out. Meanwhile Bones will be looking after us.

EDIT - For another episode (which I would definately be on board for) a routine away mission gone awry would be interesting, though I would happily play anything you come up with.

17. Arthgon

Yes, I totally agree with Peter Quincy, I would love to play any other mission as well.

PS: I wish I could remove my last post in Unusual Enterprize, and rewrite it.

18. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

You should still be able to edit it. You just can't delete it.

19. Arthgon

Yes, I think you are right, perhaps it is better to correct it for the last time.

Edit: Well, I have corrected it more then 4 times, but now it finally corrected and much better.

20. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

How about some good old-fashioned 'beaming down for a routine mission only to have Klingons make our lives hell'? That's always good for some crazy fun, epic speeches and old-fashioned arse-kicking.

Our Host!