Unofficial Arcanum Patch v080604

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by Dark Elf, Jun 8, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    The newest release of Drog Black Tooth's patch will fix, among other things:
    <br>
    <br># Adkin Chambers is now actually blind (DX1, PE1) until you give him the potion. (A heartbeat script wasn't attached). Fixed some other problems with his scripts as well.
    <br># Adkin Chambers now has master training in Dodge.
    <br># Automatons now have soundbanks.
    <br># Clockwork Decoy now uses its own soundbank.
    <br># Darian Maug's name is now consistent in all cases.
    <br># Dark Elf assassin in Ashbury doesn't have a generic dialogue anymore.
    <br>
    <br>For the full list of issues it will fix, go to: http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
    <br>
    <br>Thanks Drog!

2. TorianKel

TorianKel New Member

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's a newer version -- 080612.

Changelog (08/06/12):

-Gilbert Bates' journal now uses its own art.
    -Leftmost Advisory Board Member now has a correct description.
    -Weldo Rubin now uses his own internal name. (Affects his behaviour, e.g. he no longer claims some random chests as his own.)
    -Gilbert Bates' chest now notifies a correct NPC.
    -Pelojian's doors in Tulla now function properly. (Can't be lockpicked.)
    -Sebastian now uses his own internal name.
    -Fixed missing origins for 19 Tarantians.

-The chest in the fence in Tarant now notifies a correct NPC.
    -Fixed notification problems with a barrel near Kan Kerai.
    -Fixed notification problems with two chests in Vooriden.
    -Vendigrothian Newspapers now use their own art.
    -Fixed male soundbanks for small and medium sized humanoid races, alerted sounds (when a character enters combat) weren't playing due to typos.
    -Fixed 2 missing origins for 2 Ashbury citizens, 9 Dernholm citizens, 1 Black Root citizen and 1 Stillwater citizen.

-Changed Jormund's origin to none (was Qintarra), changed Dante's origin to Dernholm (was none).
    -Fixed missing origins for 7 Caladonians.
    -Albert Leek now has master training in Prowling.
    -Asking Constable Owens about the location of Tarant doesn't trigger later events anymore. Also, the line is not repeatable anymore.
    -Getting information about the origins of the ring from Pelonius Schuyler now gives you the quest to find Gilbert Bates.

-Doc Roberts' Enchanted Sword doesn't have an empty spell menu anymore.
    -Fixed basic proto issues with Ristezze: a correct soundbank now.
    -Fixed basic proto issues with Jacob Bens and a dead Half Orc Bandit in Shrouded Hills: correct portraits now.
    -Fixed two typos in Thorvald's dialogue.
    -Frederick Fitzgerald's chest now notifies a correct NPC.
    -Fixed descriptions for 6 barrels in Tarant sewers.
    -Four guards in the Boil now have weapons, just like all other guards in Tarant. Also, one of the guards had a wrong auto level scheme.
    -Fixed a mistake in generated greetings for the guard social class.
    -Fixed 6 typos in Kerghan's dialogue.

P.S. Sectors in Tulla have been updated. They cause crashes on old saves (if you've already been to Tulla).

http://rapidshare.de/files/39695115/UAP080612.exe.html

4. Hans Maulwurf

Hans Maulwurf New Member

5. team a

team a New Member

I know this was from a patch previous from the recent one, but I have a question - how can Chambers truly be the dodge master if he has 0 DX? The dialog says with blocking that he dodges the PC, but shouldn't he have no actual dodge skill if his DX is 1?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

His skill is severely reduced when he's under this effect, but training can't be reversed, so he's still a master.

Funnily enough, he didn't have any training in the original version, I had to add it. Actually many masters were missing their training. Just shows how rushed the game was.

7. team a

team a New Member

Yeah, that and much else. Then again, I think most of these bugs and omissions might not be visible without divination spells and/or dominate will, but they're still important.

This made a lot of sense to me when I first thought about it, but the more I consider it, the more skeptical I am. It would make sense for any blinded individual besides the Dodge Master to have DX 1, PE 1, but it's clear that even though for most people, perception is little more than vision alone, Chambers is fully aware of the PC's actions (again, from dialog). This makes even more sense when perception is considered interpretive (it's on the right hand side of the stats, the mental sphere.) He is, essentially, the blind samurai of Arcanum, with the attendant improvement in his other sensory faculties to compensate (or nearly compensate) for his lack of vision). He's supposed to still be the dodge master anyway, blinded or not. Practically, though, the question is this: if attacked, will he dodge the PC expertly? With 1 DX, I don't expect that this is true.

8. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I agree with Team A on this matter. While he may be blind, I don't think that would inhibit his perception. Also, if I remember correctly, he makes a remark about thinking that you're his enemy by his ability to smell you. I think he's referring to the smell of Dernholm, which means that while his ability to see his surrondings is gone, he can still percieve them. Lastly, dexterity is defined as "fine motor skills usually in coordination with the eyes." Adkins obviously fails in the "with the eyes" portion, but I think he would still be a fairly dextrous person, based on his ability to live alone in the middle of an icy village while blind.

9. team a

team a New Member

I can see cutting down dexterity if one can't sense anything, because one might have actual dexterity but not usable dexterity. However, I don't know if he actually has low perception. I can understand what made you decide to institute it in the first place, though, because it makes sense at first glance.

10. mathboy

mathboy New Member

11. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Case in point, blind people are superheroes.

12. team a

team a New Member

Image if you were lucky enough to be blind AND irradiated... I bet you'd be able to do just about anything, right?

13. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Either that or just die slowly and painfully.

14. team a

team a New Member

Well, if you survive, they'd have to make a comic book about you, I'd imagine. And, you could have famous actors playing you in movies. More importantly, if you lived in America, you could probably initiate at least a dozen lawsuits, and since you'd be famous at this point, you'd definitely win. I think it's a law here.

15. davioneer

davioneer New Member

what's the real issue...the new patch or the blind thing? nevertheless I want to know if this patch works coz I'll discuss it in my website...I want to make my own site for Arcanum as to revive it and be still competent with other 3d games...

16. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Welcome to the forum, davioneer.

To answer your questions; It's the new patch and it works.

Our Host!