Unofficial Arcanum Patch: Bug Reporting

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Anonymous, Aug 6, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. FrostyMixi

FrostyMixi Member

Well...this has never happened to me,but.In blackroot,where i have to get back the ceremonial dagger so that i could get the taxes to dernholm,there is a little problem.
    When i tried to do these quests for thives and then tried to return the dagger or buy them,the mayor just says "Hello", "Can i be of service" and all those kinds of things(I have just the option to say "bye","just passing through" etc.).And the only way i could finish the quest was to steal the dagger from him(I also had to use a Faithpoint cuz i didn't have any PP skill).

2. ville-v

ville-v New Member

Are you sure you are clicking that stone, if it is standing next to altar, not the altar itself? You could click everything that is around and see if some text appears.

3. Koorac

Koorac New Member

Playing with a male elf: At the crash site Virgil's dialogue in response to line 57 (not 100% sure there, your answers afterwards are 371,372 and 373) says: "I would like to be able to clear up...."
    However, the VO is: " I would like to clear up..."

@FrostyMixi: Did you know it's possible to edit your posts?

4. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

If I'm not mistaken, this was fixed in the small patch Drog let out to fix the latest version of the UAP.

5. FrostyMixi

FrostyMixi Member

I have all the patches...and as i said...this just happenend ONCE.So i'm not really sure what it was...

6. FrostyMixi

FrostyMixi Member

Why should i do that?

7. FrostyMixi

FrostyMixi Member

yes i am...

8. Koorac

Koorac New Member

I think the dialogue in Vooriden that gives you the quest to get the stone is repeatable.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You may get banned if you spam the forum with double and triple posts.

10. FrostyMixi

FrostyMixi Member

Uhh...if the post is not the same and i write 3 of them in row it is called double and triple post too?
    I thought that it is only when the message is the same...oh well.Something new xD

11. stylex

stylex Member

12. malango

malango New Member

Only a small one that may have be mentioned already, but it annoys me that for some reason when I use magnus his bracelets always disappear, they're still there but the art work has gone, making them invisible. so not really a massive issue but it can be confusing.

13. Viktor_Berg

Viktor_Berg New Member

The smith in Black Root, Garret Almstead, does not give me the strongbox. The dialogue goes on as normal, the 80 gold gets subtracted, but no strongbox in inventory. I tried manually debugging the dialog (looking at the .dlg file), and it seems like the dialogue misses an "in xxxx" result (as I understand it, this result means putting or taking an item from player). I found this out by checking other quests that take/reward items, like Mrs. Cameron, Sarah Toone, etc.

It also seems like the quest continuation is missing, since when I "receive" the strongbox, the innkeeper doesn't want to talk to me about it any more, and gets the normal inn keeper dialogue.

I compared both original and Drog's Garret dialogues, and both have this problem.

The biggest problem here is that I don't know how to give the player the correct item, since I don't know the item's code.

14. Krycek

Krycek New Member

This might be a naive answer, but did you check the chest next to the door? Garret is supposed to give you the key to the chest. And there you'll find the strongbox.

He doesn't put it in your inventory.

15. Viktor_Berg

Viktor_Berg New Member

Nah, it's not your answer that is naive, that's me being stupid! Of course, it's the key. So much for not checking my keychain...

16. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this isn't a glitch. The boats are made in Black Root, but once a boat has left Black Root, it never enters there again. One of the captains will tell you why. I can't recall.

17. Koorac

Koorac New Member

When I enter the Boil from the sewers, Pollok greets me with the words "Ah...the boy that be making so much noise in the Boil" and the I can reply "Pollock, I assume?", although I have not been in the Boil before.

18. malango

malango New Member

On my recent play of Arcanum I have met Arronax 4 times randomly on the map. Each time me says the same dialog. As this happened to anyone else?

19. Phadech

Phadech New Member

Yes, happened to me too. "Arronax" appears multiple times.

And something else, people in pubs (who ask trivia questions, or talk about the zeppelin crash or Gilbert Bates etc) provide apprentice training (gambling and something else) but only if we don't have 500 coins to answer a trivia question. I think it's not supposed to be like that, and we should always be able to ask for training.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The project is back in business after a short break (I was moving). I'm hoping to release a new version before Christmas. In the meantime, take a look at the changelog, it has been revamped to make it more accessible and easy to use.

I assume you were invisible? I can't think of any other situation where you can talk to him without being allowed first. The invisibility exploit will be fixed.

Our Host!