Underwear of Choice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rosselli, May 3, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Underwear of Choice

1. Boxers

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Briefs

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Thong

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Bikini Briefs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Boxer Briefs

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  6. Panties

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Nothing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Squirrel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

2. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Pansy, you think a mere 0 C is cold for diving.

Try diving at 0 K. If you were a real man, you wouldn't need anything but a scuba tank for that. You would probably need some uber-dry-suit with a behemoth heater. Wimp.

3. Twilight'sHammer

Twilight'sHammer New Member

Icky, I'm not sure this is happening to anyone else, but ever since you got that damnable custom display you've turned into an idiot. You're posting the stupidest shit, and you're getting very arguementative and annoying.

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

0 K is a temperature. Of course, no one has actually REACHED it yet though. They've gotten really close, but not quite there. Once you dived in to a 0 K pool of water though, I don't think it would be 0 K anymore.

5. Wolf

Wolf New Member

6. Canis

Canis New Member

No. No, I don't believe it is.

7. xento

xento New Member

Yes, you're correct wolf. If you want to convert from K to C, just subtact 273 degrees.

8. Canis

Canis New Member

CENTIGRADE!!! *slaps self* Never mind.

9. Wolf

Wolf New Member

10. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I think it's actually -273.3 degrees Celsius, but yeah...Celsius is clearly superior to Fahrenheit, and the metric system is better than the imperial one. Now, if only the USA would catch up with the rest of the civilised world...

11. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i wish. although converting everything would be a bitch. but i'm constantly amazed by the dumbasses who can't seem to grasp the metric system. it's not like it's hard. maybe if we reminded people it's just like money...

12. xento

xento New Member

Jar, the USA is working to 'catch up', but that would mean that all new cars would need new measurement instruments, all highway signs would need to be changed, most home equipment would have to be repurchased. If you send each USA family a thousand dollars, we'll be converted in no time. Until then, you'll just hafta dip your steaming balls in some cold water and wait.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wish we converted to metrics too. It would make talking about measurement with people of other countries MUCH easier.

14. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Why does it fucking matter? There's nothing wrong with the Imperial system, and like xento said, it would be a cast-iron bitch to change all the measurements in the country. Not only road signs and car dashboard read-outs, but all public records pertaining to the measurement of ANYTHING would have to be changed. Birth certificates, driver's licenses, blueprints, etc. That would just be ridiculous. I think it may be too late to switch over, but don't lose hope: the US Military already did it. That proves that nobody is too stupid for the metric system, it just needs to be beaten into them.

15. Wolf

Wolf New Member

If people start gradually introducing it, it will happen. I bet in a few decades, kids will be learning to read 24 hour clocks and ONLY 24 hour clocks. Besides, when compared to the efficiency of the metric system, the imperial system sucks. It takes a lot longer to convert inches to miles than centimetres to kilometres.

16. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Okay, you're right that the metric system is more efficient and in effect easier ot use, but everyone in this country already knows how to convert inches to miles, etc, or they are just idiots. I definitely support the 24-hour clock, I already use it on my cell phone. People get pissed when they ask the time and I say, "Oh, it's 17:35."

17. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

If the clock's not digital i can't read the fucking thing... well that's not entirely accurate, if it's not something simple, like actually resting on a number it usually takes me about 10-15 seconds to actually count just how far each hand is around the face. I don't even wear a watch anymore and haven't for about 6-7 years now, ever since i got a mobile which has a clock in the corner of the display screen thingy

18. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

It took me nineteen years to actually become proficient in reading analog clocks; I used to have to stare at the thing for half a minute or more before I could read it. Then, suddenly, I can read analogs by second nature.

19. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

all the schools i grew up in were poor and ghetto as hell... so they all had regular clocks. reading 'em is easy for me. of course, now i have a cell phone, and that's even easier... viva le laziness!!!

20. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Meh, analog clocks is the way to go. My watch is analog, and I wouldn't like it any other way. And I'm a staunch ally of the metric system. Inches, Whitworth, PM:s, AM:s, UNC and gallons could be tucked far up where the sun don't shine fo all I care.

Speaking of which, isn't analog suspiciously reminiscent of anal log?

And here I thought that I'd never pervert a post again... oh my.

Our Host!