UNdatting Arcanum

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Langolier, Oct 28, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Langolier

Langolier Member

Is there a newer undat utility? I downloaded the one off of Dimensions of Arcanum but it wont run on my comp. Im not sure, but is it possible that this is because I have Windows XP? I found and downloaded visual basic libarary, but that didnt help.
    :/

2. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

If you are using Arcanun and getting an error that tells you that it can't find zlib.dll, then you should be able to find the file somewhere on your computer by doing a simple search for it. I'm running Win XP also, and I just copied the file to the folder where my Arcanun program is and it runs fine. If you are using the other Undat program, I can't help you because I've had problems with it working unreliably, too, unless I use it to undat a complete dat file and that's a real pain if all I want is one or two files. If you don't have Arcanun, get it and try it because I have found that it works quite well for me.

3. NobleKnight

NobleKnight New Member

I used the commandline DOS version, it works o.k. for me.

Only thing is it exctracts EVERYTHING.

4. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

That's one of the reasons I prefer Arcanun. I can extract a single file if that's all I want.

5. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

DjUnique has made one of his own. Works pretty good too.

Go here: http://users.senet.com.au/~dbschah/news.htm

Scroll donw till you find 'new tools'. Then find out the link and change it as per instructions on the first news post.

I make things difficult because I can.

Our Host!