Ummmmm....ello :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Box of Fox, Nov 30, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Box of Fox

Box of Fox New Member

Ello ello! :winknudge:

Just tripped up on these forums earlier today, didn't have time tah' introduce me'self. Hope this is in the right section.

I'm Box of Fox and I'm an Arcanum playa'...(yes, that kind. No you shouldn't be thinking that way :???: )...I was amazed any else played the game, glad to see these forums are active.

So anyway lets talk about me :thumbup: :

Haven't yet finished the game, even though I must have started over 20 characters. :dead:

The first 19 times I kept screwing over an apparently important NPC (some stupid gnome) resulting in that Myrth, of Stillwater, ( and the only way to get to Qintarra) never showed up. So I finally got myself straight and played the game up until Roseborough, and then my brother feels the computer is too full and decided to uninstall Arcanum. Starting over FTL :/ ...

2. Box of Fox

Box of Fox New Member

Just been browsing the forums... for the last hour or so :D

Seems like a cool place, although I have a few questions, please no hate on the new guy (if you can help it):

Is there a specific thread where I can get some well known bugs/loopholes? I've been searching for a while now and can't find much. If there isn't one I'll tell you the stuff I do know, although I expect its probably known among most of you:

The Madam Lil infinite $$$ bug

The infinite fate points bug

Gorgoth's Pass to Caladon bug

Or all these all fixed in that patch (that I just discovered as a sticky in the hints/tips section)?

...Thanks for any help...

P.S. By the way, does anyone know how to work regsvr32? A few hack's I've downloaded asked me to "use regsvr32" on the certain files given to me in the zipped file. Only I have no idea how to "use" regsvr32. Do I change the parameters of the files?

3. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Dude, mind the double posting, it´s not very well-liked around here, trust me. Just think about it in the future, ok?

4. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

You know, there is a specific forum where we discuss everything but Troika's games... Oh my, you seem to have found it already!

I also heard that there's this place called 'the House of Lords' where people are really anal retentive about folks who double-post and don't use the search function, but I'm sure that's just hearsay.

I hate you.

5. Wolfsbane

And so do I, but let´s give him a second try, eh? No?

6. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

7. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

hi new person.

let me enlighten you.

we're mean. unfriendly. xenophobic, even. if you can put up with our tantrums long enough, we'll like you. in the meantime, don't pick a fight with a regular, don't double post, and don't expect any thread to stay on topic for more than three posts. have fun!

p.s. i hate you, too. because i can.

8. Mag the Bloody-handed

Mag the Bloody-handed New Member

You're in no position to be making recommendations, hell I consider myself more well liked but I don't presume I am part of the community that was already here when I started posting.

Not yet anyway. Fuck being nice and giving second chances, I had to go through my own little ordeal when I got here and talked my way out of it. If he can't do the same we should kill him so weak blood doesn't mingle with the strong.

9. Wolfsbane

What if he´s a good one, then? Even the best can make mistakes. I failed to obey the gravedigging rule when I first arrived, but heck, no one seems to bother about that anymore.
    And, since I don´t care what kind of hardship you ever had to deal with when you arrived, I think we should give him a second chance anyway.

10. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Crap, I had hoped this wouldn't happen for a while!

*buys an aluminum bat*
    *pounds someone's head*

Well, now that that's out of the way, Wolfsbane, no one cares what you think, so shut up and spare us all of your inane drivel.

11. Wolfsbane

Whatever. If you guys are going to mob up against me, I guess I´ve got to obey or get kicked out.
    Therefore, I obey.
    So just leave it at that, ok?

12. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

13. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Hey there! Welcome to the forums Box of Fox, hope you enjoy your stay. Some practical advice:

-Read the forum descriptions. While the introduction post does belong here, the Arcanum related stuff doesn't. Go to Hints and Tips if you want answers (and be sure tu use the search function, chances are your question has been answered before) or to Arcanum Discussion if you merely wish to discuss the game.

-Read the General Discussion FAQ (the sticky at the top of this forum). Twice. The file Qilikatal posted is quite good, too.

-Remember, this is the Internet. Some people will be nasty at you (often out of boredom). Getting worked up about it leads nowhere, except maybe to an ulcer.

-Some things people (especially the regulars) really hate: Double posting (use the edit button if you want to add something to your post), having a total disregard for the basic rules of spelling and grammar (occasional typos are ok, and you get some leniency if you are foreign, but at least try to write properly. And do never, ever use allcaps or leet) smiley overuse, and acting as if you own the place.

Have a nice time!

14. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I LIKE ALL CAPS! SILVARA, YOU SHOULD TO OR YOU'RE BANNED!

1337 15 4150 C001!!1!!

not capitalizing the first letters is good. if you choose not to use all caps you should use no caps!

:):):):):)--:):)----------:):)--:)--:)------------:)--:):):):)---:):):):):)--:)
    :)--------------:)-:)--------:)-:)--:)--:)------------:)--:)------------:)---------------:)
    :)--------------:)--:)------:)--:)--:)--:)------------:)--:)------------:)---------------:)
    :):):):):)--:)---:)----:)---:)--:)--:)------------:)--:):):):)----:):):):):)--:)
    ------------:)--:)----:)--:)----:)--:)--:)------------:)--:)------------------------:)---:)
    ------------:)--:)-----:):)-----:)--:)--:)------------:)--:)------------------------:)
    :):):):):)--:)------:)-------:)---:)--:):):):)--:)--:):):):)--:):):):):)---:) ARE COOL!

But best of all is big, bold green letters when used to yell about grammar.

Welcome here, hope you'll enjoy your stay and not be stupid or scared away.

15. Box of Fox

Box of Fox New Member

Naw, I expected this. My fault for using the General Discussion forums. Although apologizing probably makes my grave deeper then it already is.

Most ironic is that the most sinister of you have less than 300 posts. How cute.

And I love you rosenshyne. :realmad:

How's that for a signature move? (Awaits flames) :rifle:

16. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Meh, Mathboy, you bore me. You too Box.

rosenshyne on the otherhand, is entertaining.

17. mathboy

mathboy New Member

That's why you two should posts some pics of when you're together to entertain us boring people.

18. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Mathboy, I'm glad to see you've got other things in your hands other than your... how did DU call it? Permanent boner? ;) You sure need time for that "smilies" thing.

And to think I was so soft with you...

19. Mag the Bloody-handed

Mag the Bloody-handed New Member

Yes you are very soft Bunny, I could pet you all day. You were nice when I arrived. I like you though, I hate wolfsbane and think his opinions are worth less than a mexican peso.

20. Notharah

Notharah New Member

Our Host!