Um.... Hi guys.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chalcedony, Nov 12, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. chalcedony

chalcedony New Member

Okay, so I'm not always given to spammy threads with titles like these. But lately I've become so full of self-importance that I thought it would be worthwhile to announce that I've changed my name to chalcedony.

Who was I previously? Look at the location, and the signature, and the near-perfect English; and if you still don't know who I am you probably didn't know who I was.

Hm. How can I prolong this post...

Well if you look really closely you'll see that my new nick actually joined in Oct 2001 (my previous guy is listed as joining in March 2002). Thing is, I joined this forum for fun at first, read through the tips and spoilers, lurked a little, and left.

Then I had a really long holiday after my eleventh-grade exams, and I surfed along one day for fun. Hey, this guys sounded like they knew stuff. No spam to boot (this was post-Eros I think)

I 'forgot' my earlier password though (it's actually the same as the one I used before - I must have typed it in wrong or something. So I logged in as a new user.

Soon I found out I liked this forum, and so I stayed. It always nagged me though that I such a weird username (giving away ethnicity and all that). This is the nick I usually use when I do stuff, and besides it's a lot cooler too.

Well I'm nervous that this'll take more time than needed
    So just remember, it's chalcedony­­­­¹, at your service.­­

¹pronounced Khal-tze-duh-nee, not Chairl-tze-duh-nee

2. xento

xento New Member

Errr... whatever. Anyway, welcome to the forums! :D

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Well well well, tzehoong, just think you can come back with a different username to your...second one...as your original name do you?

By the way, the way I see your name, I pronounce it Chal-see-do-ney (as in Sony for the dony bit, but with a 'd'). You've got no chance of me thinking of it any other way :D.

4. Milo

Milo New Member

Ditto. Also, since I scan the pages pretty quickly, my brain reads "chalcedony" as "Chalice Donkey".

I like tzehoong better than your new old nick, but that's just me. And I'm sure it will bug Sheriff that you didn't capitalize the first letter of either of your names.

Oh, and "Khal-tze-duh-nee"? Which syllable(s) are emphasized? If I'm going to read the name, I might as well pronounce it correctly in my mind.

5. chalcedony

chalcedony New Member

Ah, I forgot how well Jar is known for his subtlety.

I think the first syllable is emphasized. Actually I tried registering "Chalcedony" to avoid the hassle of stubborn-as-an-ass S_F's (try saying that five times very fast) insistence on denying my artistic inspiration, but I got the message "username taken" (btw Jinxed good job on the new disclaimers); that's when I remembered.

6. Milo

Milo New Member

Ah, it's a lost cause. Whenever my eyes go past your username, my brain interprets it as "chalky donkey". It's ok, though. I know who you are.

7. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

The location gives it away.

Am I the only one that sees "Khal" as "Khat"?

Okay, so maybe I am, Tzehoong, Chalk Donkey, whatever.

Our Host!