Ultimeta

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by ytzk, Jan 7, 2016.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Permanent zero-cost reflection shield?

The one that can save you from all eight kinds of disaster??
    [​IMG]

Dear friends,

I present the ultimate meta abuse: permanent reflection shield.

This is meta meta, balls deep in the rabbit hole, so brace yourself...

- cast reflection shield on anything, a candlestick, a summoned orc, Liam's mum, whatever.

- activate turn-based-combat mode.

- reflect a reflection shield off the target's reflection shield (whoa)

- IN THE SAME COMBAT TURN, cancel the target's reflection shield. This appears to be the paradox moment. For an instant, both reflection shields are both active and cancelled, and they are each simultaneously both on the target and on the player. WHOA.

- End combat. From now on, the target has an invisible, permanent reflection shield. Whoa.

- Cast another reflection shield onto the target. It reflects onto you.

- Cancel the reflection shield. The cancellation reflects off the target, onto your shield, which reflects back to the target, cancelling their invisible shield effects, and giving you a permanent shield.
    [​IMG]

- you may now reflect all spells at zero cost and, most elusively, sleep under the curse of falcon's ache.

- to cancel the effects, just cast and cancel a reflection shield on yourself. This always removes your ultimeta shield, but sometimes the animations remain. If the animations jam, just repeat the process, layering the cancellation animation onto your character until it cleans up the remnant floating hexagons. A real time failed reflected reflection shield is a quick way to bounce cancellation animations.

P.S., sleeping while under the curse of Falcon's Ache is an experience... all of the ten second curse choruses pile up to make a noise like the dark side of the force.

P.P.S., included here are some research records which make Kergan and the Gnomish Merchants eugenics conspiracy look like choirboys by comparison. MWAHAHA ahem I mean, please enjoy.

[​IMG]

2 mins later

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Operation Die, Hippies, Die... defusing the security system at the elven zoo so you can finally punch that smartass gorilla right in his stupid face. Finally!
    [​IMG]
    8 hrs later
    LAAAAA LAAAAA LAAAAA
    Not enough gun... *spits on ground*
    [​IMG]

Operation Goddamnome. Creating a hell just for the guy who kicks dogs.
    [​IMG]

Operation Rocking Titties
    [​IMG]

Operation Flockwork. Robots don't know what shame is. They have to be shown...
    [​IMG]

Operation Aragogzilla
    [​IMG]

Make the most powerful monster all-powerful and then release it. I mean, what could possibly go wrong?
    [​IMG]
    Hahaha too late for you, buddy! This is the best idea ever...
    [​IMG]
    ... Or not.

The Curious Case of the Baleful Hound with Body of Fire Chasing an Oblivious Zombie Around and Around the Block at Exactly Walking Speed and the Guard Who Does Not Give a Fuck...
    [​IMG]
    Oh wait I got one... Operation Hot Pursuit.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  2. on1ondevelopment

on1ondevelopment Member

3. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

I told you to brace yourself, dude.

4. on1ondevelopment

on1ondevelopment Member

And I told myself that I wouldn't fail to grasp this. In the end, it seems I've underestimated your powers.

Well, jokes aside, I can always appreciate this! A Terracotta Army full of Tarantian guards is just what my Arcanum world needs, just as a bit of banter. And of course, the occasional shield thingy is useful. Thank you for sharing this... this... uh... Ultimeta thingy.

5. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

You're very welcome. I should note that I discovered it in the wee hours the night before I posted it, I couldn't wait to share, but figured I ought to sleep first. Possibly I ought to have slept more because...

A Simpler Recipe:

- turn based combat
    - cast two Reflection Shields at anything.
    - cancel the one sustained spell
    - end turn and/or combat
    - cast and cancel a third Reflection Shield at the target.

Hey presto! All that metaphysics and surrealism was just melodrama, after all.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
    on1ondevelopment likes this.
Our Host!