Ultima Online

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RPjunkie, Oct 25, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

Anyone play UO? Friend told me to buy it, but are the fees worth it? I know that there are a few expansions or addition discs. But all in all is it worth it to spend $30 or $40 to play for a month or like 40hrs I think my friend said. $38.99 for 90 days access from EA Store, kinda seems like paying for the twice to play for 4 months! :thumbdown: Or $34.99 for 3 months/$59.99 for 6 months from the UO site, or $12.99 monthly.

Game sounds great, but there is a rather large speed bump in the road. What do you guys think?

2. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

I've heard good things about UO but I've not played it myself. I make it a point to stay away from pay-to-play.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I play UO. It used to be a LOT better, before crappy [censored] Trammel! (The world where Player VS. Player is NOT allowed. :thumbdown: )

It's still pretty good though, but there's no-one in the place where Player vs. Player is allowed!

4. Kaill

Kaill New Member

I like to play UO because it gives you a lot of choices on character skills. If you're looking to play a PvM, either solo or in a group, then I would suggest you try UO. There are three lands now that don't allow PvP. But due to updates to the game the past year, there is more incentive for people to PvP. If you're looking to PvP, i would suggest ShadowBane where the main point is for clans is to wage war against each other.

5. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

Thanx for the feedback/thoughts on UO. I just received my copy of UO:Lord Blackthorne's Revenge in the mail today.

So I guess that my question now is: Is it worth it to buy the original UO to be able to plat on the original land(s)? Or to just play on LBR's land?

Our Host!