Uh...

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by labyrinthian, Dec 16, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

OK, something very weird is happening to me, and has been for just under a month. I'd assume it has to do with my computer, except it only happens when I am online and have House of Lords open in an explorer window. Basically, I click on an HoL link and my computer crashes (autorestarts). This happens sporadically, but generally about once every 30 minutes. I hate to show my ignorance like this, but could this possibly be a cookie thing? Or popup? I use the google popup blocker. Explorer 6, WinXPHome. I'd assume it was a CPU temperature thing or OS or something, except, I repeat, this only happens when I have HoL open and I click on an HoL link. Oh, I'm running 56K. This happens on my usual ISP, not this one, BTW.

Any theories?

2. Icairus

Icairus New Member

I have a theory. However the chances of it being true are negligible. HoL has somehow managed to talk to a bad spot or a virused spot of your hard drive causing your computer to reboot.

Beside that, you should stop using IE, switch to Mozilla or Firebird, then you won't need your popup blocker.
    I would also tell you to go to XP Pro, and get broadband but that would be advice that you have little chance of following due to cost.

3. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

a)http://www.safer-networking.org/
    Get and run spybot that cleans adaware.
    b) Get antivirus and update it and run it
    c) Download and install this and use it in the place of crappy IE.Many people have thank me for converting them to mozilla firebird .

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ ... -win32.zip

4. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

Hey thanks, both of you. I didn't actually expect meaningful replies. Hope your suggestions work. It has been a while since I've updated my AV software. Actually, I will be getting DSL pretty soon, so that mighthelp, too.

Our Host!