Tweaking some spells

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by who_is_daniel, Aug 29, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel New Member

I have owned Arcanum since it was first released, and I still think it is a great game. About a year ago I discovered Chris Beddoes “Polished Car Arcanumâ€￾ mod, and it has truly made the game better for me. Some of the spell changes are very unclear and using them do not seem to have any effects, so after trying unsuccessfully to find information on the spells, I have decided that I would like to try to adjust them. I have tried to e-mail Chris Beddoes but have never received any responses from him. I have never tried modding before, so I don’t know what tools I would need or anything. Is there a way I can tweak the spells without too much difficulty or confusion?

From what I have read, the small changes that I would like to make to my copy would not break any kind of copyright rites. If I am incorrect in this please correct me.

2. Zebulin

Zebulin New Member

I've had exactly the same plan.

Did you already look at:

http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/dloa ... y&cat_id=5

I missed it at first because it's in the download section.

There is a ton of information there and it's obvious that information about how to edit spells must be in those tutorials and guides but so far I haven't figured out how to identify the relevant bits to read first and I haven't been able to steel myself to read all of it just to make the straightforward kinds of limited changes I had in mind.

3. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

First undat the Arcanum(number).DAT files. You can do this with the undat tools available in the downloads section.
    Then open up the SpellList.mes in the Rules folder.
    Then...look at what Troika did and try to figure out what you want to do.

If you have any specific spell questions, I should be able to help you out.

Our Host!