Tulla Puzzle

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Criton, Nov 5, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Criton

Criton New Member

Please help with solving the puzzle in Tulla to get the amulet to talk to the ghost. I am frustrated and lost.

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

The mural of enlightenment provides the clues. It groups the 16 colleges of magic together. To get the stuff you need, you have to hit the pads around Tulla in a certain order (clockwise if I'm not mistaken). Although it doesn't matter which group of 4 you do first, you have to go clockwise when hitting the pads. I'll let you figure it out from there :smile:.

3. Eros Rex

Eros Rex New Member

Hey are you Criton like John Criton of Farscape? I Love that show :smile:

4. William Walker

William Walker New Member

...and there you retrieve four books, amulet and then you must lit pads around pool(read books for order)....

IMHO this is best logic puzzle in game ( actually only real puzzle )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: William Walker on 2001-11-05 13:50 ]</font>

5. Criton

Criton New Member

Criton as in Farscape...yes.

I know that I need to do them in that order, but once I start, say with the one that the monk in the painting is pointing at, do I start with the top symbol? I am having trouble recognizing the symbols. Is there an easy way to see them from the map, or is there something I can print out?

6. Criton

Criton New Member

I think I sort of understand, but the only one that I can open is the symbol that looks like a jack. If i do the others in that specific order, I cannot get any of the doors to open. Please help!

7. J

J New Member

You start with the topmost symbol and then follow the symbols CLOCKWISE. To open the door with Pelojian's amulet, step on these symbols in order: earth, air, water, fire. I did not have ANY help at all in solving this quest.

BTW, the puzzle has two parts. You're stuck on the first part (the easy one). The real fun comes on the second part (the hard one).

This is one of the best puzzles in the game, IMHO. It was quite rewarding when I finally figured out what the poems meant.

8. J

J New Member

Hey... Shouldn't that be spelled as "CRICHTON"? I went to the website, and I think that's how they spelled it.

9. Criton

Criton New Member

So do I choose one symbol from each area or do it group by group. I am sorry that I am pestering, I just have very little patience with things like this, especially when it is supposedly as easy as you say.

And that is probably right about the spelling, but you know how things are, copyright :smile:

10. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

By the groups - look at the symbols, then compare them to the symbols you see in the character sheet, work from there.

I never read the poetry to solve the last part - again, by accident :smile:.

11. Milo

Milo New Member

Damn, it sounds like I missed out on one of the best puzzles in the game.

Right when I entered Tulla, I wandered around and noticed to buildings with the locked doors. Before I did anything else, I unlocked them and found the amulet straightaway. It happened to be late at night, and I noticed that one of the buttons around the pool lit up when I stepped on it. After about a minute, I figured out how to light them all up, and Pelojian popped out and pointed me to the Ruins.

I guess next time I could try to figure out the puzzle the normal way, but it's just not the same.

12. Criton

Criton New Member

I am just not sure what order to step on the blocks. I can get the door opened with Nature in front of it. I could just wander. Maybe I am being too logical. My girlfriend sure thinks so.

13. Criton

Criton New Member

Hey, Jarinor, Thanks for not spilling the beans and allowing me to give in to the lack of patience. Man the ending was not that special though. I have to try other chracters with evil thoughts, or something else.

14. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

15. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

(((MAJOR SPOILER)))
    First you must picklock all the doors
    of the buildings with the painting of some magick college on their wall and take everything from there.
    now you should have 4 books and an amulet(Pelojian's Amulet).
    read those books and go to the pool where he suppose to appear in.
    Now put on yourself the amulet and follow this steps:
    1.Walk onto the "button" that his symbol is shown in the second book.
    2.Now walk onto the "button" which in the
    third book.
    3.now walk to the one that in the fourth book
    4.then walk onto the symbol that is in the first book.

now when you'l step onto the remainig symbol
    (it should be the symbol of the lost college of magic).Vouala... Pelojian appears above the pool(and you can talk to him)

if something doesn't works try to do those things again.

P.s.
    it doesn't metter when you'l come to the pool
    (you can do it even at day-time)

Sorry for the long explanation...

Our Host!