Trying to ressurect Virgil with 100 tech aptitude

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Delkatani, Apr 12, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Delkatani

Delkatani New Member

Ok so I cast the ressurect scroll and what happens? It doesn't work. Is there any way to ressurect virgil with 100 technical aptitude... I really want him back in my party. I tried buying the magick beans that supossedly resurrect, but they dont work when i try to use them on my quickbar. So i Ask again: is there anyway to ressurect virgil with 100 technical aptitude? :-?

2. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

you need a restore life potion to ressurrect him with a high tech aptitude. they are the black things that weigh 300 stone. they cost around 1800 and can be found at herbalists.

13oojum likes this.
  3. Langolier

Langolier Member

Thats kinda odd. I am usually at 100% tech apititude by that point and I can always get the scroll to work. Try quick saving when you do it, then reload each time it doesnt work.

4. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Yep, restore life potion works fine. I also had a problem trying to use resurrect scrolls when I played a tech character. Never worked for me. Neither did the resurrect spell from Fawn's bow.

5. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

I think the problem Delkatani was having was Vergil's TA, not his own. Now just how did Delkatani get Vergil to 100% TA?

6. backstabber

backstabber New Member

VIRGIL SUX
    leave him 2 die
    or u should slaughter stillwater and see him fight w/ joaquim!!!!!

7. Corsarius

Corsarius New Member

Where is Joachim in Stillwater? (ack! Another newbie question!)

8. Canis

Canis New Member

Joachim isn't in Stillwater. Backstabber, in an attempt at humor, temporarily let slip his already tenuous grasp of English and strung two or three ideas together in the same sentence without bothering to clarify himself.

9. xento

xento New Member

That's because technology cancels out magick and vise versa. No spells are supposed to work when you cast them, or if they are cast on you (although you can still be killed by them). The "restore life potion" is called a "reanimator", most of the time, and it is NOT a potion. It is purely technology based. Potions deal with alchemy, and alchemy is magick.

10. backstabber

backstabber New Member

do u have something against me canis???
    if u have i can pick up my gun and shoot ur brain out, u want that??

11. Canis

Canis New Member

Your prepubescent inclinations towards unwarranted violence are none of my concern. Shall we leave our fates to the moderators and allow the thread to return to the actual topic, dear boy? Preferably by posting accurate, helpful information in English to the best of our knowledge and ability, that's the best way I think.

12. Phadech

Phadech New Member

When a scroll has magic power available 0%, it is impossible to use it. Mod?

13. xento

xento New Member

Besides, back, you're not a gun, you're a bow! :D :wink: (where did that wink smilie go?).

14. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Thanks Xento, I DO know that technology cancels magic. This reanimator thing is called "restore life" when you buy it from a herbalist, but the schematics for it are indeed called reanimator. And though potions are SUPPOSED to be magick, they can still be used on 100% tech characters (which I'm very grateful for, my dwarf techies can always use a bit of a speed boost).

15. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

Potions don't last nearly as long on techies as they do on mages.

Our Host!