Traveling back to the Isle of Despair.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by shupbeav, Jul 4, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. shupbeav

shupbeav New Member

I am quoting another topic that asks the same question only mine is not out of an error of map reading. I am not concerned about finishing the game, I am wanting to know the best way, if any, to get back to the Isle of Despair once having left it.

I know that sailing there yourself after buying a ship is not an option. Bate's ship captain will no longer take you, neither will anyone else. Teleportation is not an possible unless there is some kind of mod to allow it. Any way to get back would be much appreciated.

2. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

There's no way to get back without modding the game.

3. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Not exactly, no. There is a way. You can take advantage of a glitch I once described. Once you'll read my post and understand it, you should find it easy to use the glitch to get to the isle of Despair.

That's how you get in. As for getting out, there will probably be no Captain on the ship and you will be unable to return with it. Worry not for there is a way to get out, but you'll need to be able to Teleport to do so, be it via ability of scroll.

All you have to do is travel to the Women's Camp and then travel north until you reach the very edge of the map. Why am I sending you there, you ask? Because it is possible to Teleport from that point and therefore leave the Isle.

4. shupbeav

shupbeav New Member

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks Muro. I am wondering if this will work with walking. Just making the waypoint then closing, going for a walk, and opening back up, and start toward the waypoint. I'll try it and see. If not I at least have a way back to the Isle. Thanks.

5. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

That'll work, but it'll take you several hours.

6. shupbeav

shupbeav New Member

Yeah, I think it appears to work when just walking. If things get desperate enough actually use it it will be an option. The original suggestion from Muro however works quickly and easily.

Our Host!