Trap Maker's Specticals

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by The Chosen One, Mar 26, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. The Chosen One

The Chosen One New Member

In Caladon, the Master of Dissarm traps has a pair of trap maker's specticlas. It says they give you +2 PE and +2Dx which would be a better option compared to my eye gear. :D

So do they really give you +2 PE and DX??? If so then Im gonna use a fate point on stealing them (Its quite hard to pick pocket since the Master of Disarm traps has super high PE).

2. Canis

Canis New Member

Yes, they really do. But I don't think you can steal them, because he doesn't have them on his person. IIRC, they are created in your inventory upon completion of the master quest. Same deal with the master healer's amulet. You also cannot cheat these sorts of items in through a custom background.

3. R. Caine

R. Caine New Member

So it isn't possible to just do the "elephant in a porcelain shop" thing on the trap course and get the specs? I was really relying on these :(

4. Canis

Canis New Member

No, no, I meant that if you're a qualified expert and you do the master quest to the satisfaction of the master, he'll give you the spectacles. It's just that he doesn't carry them, and that effectively the game "creates" them automatically upon completion.

5. The Chosen One

Canis, over time I have found that you have a great deal of helpful information which I have used in the past but this my friend, im afraid you are wrong. Daniel McPheirson, the Master of disarm traps is wearing the glasses. I haven't managed to steal them but they are there. When I get a fate point I'll use it to steal them.

I've also heard a similar scenario with the Firearms Master, you can only get the looking glass rifle from him by doing the quest but again I know that this is not true and it is possible to steal both these items, atleast on the saves that I've played (not modded or patched) :-o :D

6. Canis

Canis New Member

Are you sure? I know in previous games I've tried getting them that way, but he didn't have them on him. Perhaps I was mistaken, I'll have to check again. *shrug*

7. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

btw, you can definitely steal the +4 con necklace from fawn in qintarra. its always around her neck.

8. The Chosen One

9. EvilEyesBan

EvilEyesBan New Member

I believe in the patch they addressed the fact that you can steal/smashl and grab or earn them, they just fixed a bug that prevents getting them twice

10. Canis

Canis New Member

We're all talking about Daniel McPherson of Something Dragon's Turnabout, Caladon, right? The house with the locked trap door? I just visited him to check on it and he does NOT have the spectacles on his person. He's got guard leather, a fine dagger, a revolver and some bullets, wine, and a couple of healing salves, but no spectacles. This is with the patch.

Well at least it wasn't a total loss. I finally learnt how to do that world map trick around Razor's Pointe to get to Caladon tonight. Not that there's much reason to force Caladon early, seeing as how the spectacles ARE NOT THERE!!!

Harumph. *stomps foot*

11. The Chosen One

My game is NOT patched. The Glasses ARE there. I guess we were both right :p

I think Forcing Caladon early in the game is a great idea. You can master several skills really early, get some cool equipment and on non patched games, you can even have the Trap Maker's Glasses. :D

12. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

If you can get into his basement without starting a fight, & blunder through the maze in any manner at all, he will give you the glasses.

13. Canis

Canis New Member

Really? Even if you're not qualified? Neat-o, something new to try!

14. R. Caine

R. Caine New Member

Thanks Shady , that's what i was wondering.

No more farfetched metaphores. Bad Caine! Bad!

Our Host!