Torien Kel won't chat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Feldon Kane, Nov 28, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

For some reason, the jerk rushes me when I enter his room. I just want to help him (and trigger the Pool). I've tried leaving the gang behind, sneaking into the room, everything I can think of. I'm way too good for him to join me, but I want to go to the Pool! :cry:
    Any ideas? Maybe knock my Angelocity down a notch or two? I'm a freakin' saint right now. 0:)

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

The dog will sometimes attack him, sometimes Torian Kel will attack the dog as well... He only has one hitpoint as a skeleton...

Try taking off all your equipment and stuff :smile:.

3. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

OK, way back when, many hours of game-play ago, I fell for that. Should I smear some Stillwater Giant scent on my body, too? :smile:

4. Gun_Smithy

Gun_Smithy New Member

He shouldn't attack you even if your alignment is at +100. He may not join you when you resurrect him (unless you're a persuasion master, of course) but you can at least go to the dungeon.

On a side note, has anyone else noticed that Vollinger's alignment is -25, and Torian Kel's is -20? It doesn't make sense to me that Vollinger is more evil than a former warrior in the Legion of the Dead. Also, another thing worthy of notice is that the Bane of Kree's sword is called Torian Kel's Ancestral Blade. That's rather puzzling, as well.

5. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

I dunno. -20/25 isn't what I'd call 'evil' really. Somewhere between 'mischievous' and 'a bit of a blackguard', I'd say.

Also, Torian, although touted as evil by everyone inside and outside the game, might not be such a bad fella. When he tells you his story (and the other related stuff you find out later) it doesn't sounds as bad as it could for a legion of dead guys.

6. BlueDEvil

BlueDEvil New Member

If you have killed plenty of barbarians along the way, then that is your punishment. It may have something to do with the mission at Kree.

7. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

No, I haven't killed any barbarians. I even made an offering to their silly god. Oh, well. I just hate to lose out on the Pool.

8. Gun_Smithy

Gun_Smithy New Member

Yes I know, he does seem to lament the loss of his companions, which can't be all that bad, but it still does not make sense that a warrior in the Legion of the Dead would be less evil than Vollinger.

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

When you find out Vollinger's story, and Torian Kel's, all the questions you have will be answered.

Our Host!