ToEE's Best Screenshots Competition

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by DarkUnderlord, Jan 26, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

All right, here's the deal. Those of you that have seen our <a href="http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/album_cat.php?cat_id=2">ToEE Screenshot Gallery</a> will know it's a bit sparse. Well, we want that to change. So, we're asking you guys if you've got any great screenshots from Troika's Temple of Elemental Evil. Taken a picture of a great battle? Maybe there's just an interesting shot you think we should have? Either way, get to it now.
    <br>
    <br>For the next week (ending February 2nd), the <a href="http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/album_cat.php?cat_id=2">ToEE Screenshot gallery</a> will be open for all registered forum users (registration is free) to upload images to the gallery. The pictures must be in .jpg, .gif or .png format and no larger than 800 pixels wide x 600 pixels high and no larger than 300 kb. Each user will be allowed to upload a maximum of 10 screenshots, so make sure they're good. At the end of the week, the BEST screenshot (determined by our unknown and mystical process) will be chosen as our <b>Screen of the Every-other-week-when-we-feel-like-it</b> and will appear on the front page. The user will also be allowed to have a custom avatar of their choosing in our forums (provided it's not offensive).
    <br>
    <br>To upload a screenshot:
    <br><li>Go to the ToEE gallery and click the "Upload Pic" button.
    <br><li>In the "upload pic from machine" click on browse.
    <br><li>Find the pic on your machine and click ok.
    <br><li>Enter in a title and a description for the screenshot.
    <br><li>Click submit and WAIT for the page to work, it's uploading your screenshot which can take a while. (Watch the blue bar in the bottom of your screen).
    <br><li>Wait until the "your picture has been uploaded, please await approval" page displays. It's that easy.
    <br><li>To upload another image, repeat the process from step 1.
    <br>
    <br>Picture approval has been enabled so you won't be able to see your image right away. A forum moderator will need to approve your picture before it will be displayed in our gallery. This is to stop offensive material (and crappy images) from appearing in our beloved gallery which we love so much, oh yes we do.
    <br>
    <br>So what are you waiting for? Get to it!
    <br>
    <br><b>Disclaimer:</b> By uploading an image to our gallery you're saying "hey staff of Terra Arcanum, do what you like with it, blah blah blah etc..." Legal Mumbo Jumbo.

2. POOPERSCOOPER

POOPERSCOOPER New Member

3. DarkUnderlord

Nope. What's even worse, is that that one by Jinxed is old (pre-competition). There's not even a tubgirl sitting in there to needlessly delete. So far our "Get a Lame Custom Avatar for our Forum" competition has attracted this much attention:
    0%

Yup. I'm going to go cry now. :cry:

... or I could just get some ToEE content up and start attracting people who actually PLAY ToEE over here. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    That sounds like the best idea. I would had participated you know, and I'd really want some competition (contrary to that "me" thing), but that's rather hard with the computer I have ToEE on being all messed up. I've handed it in to a guy that's an expert on these things, so hopefully it will be up and running again soon.

Aaaargghhh... computer problems. I can feel the unbearable pain of high-value bills removed from my wallet already. :cry:

5. POOPERSCOOPER

POOPERSCOOPER New Member

So can you say I win?

6. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Is ToEE worth playing? I've seen it secondhand a few times now and I am wondering if I should get it when it's price drops low enough.

By "worth playing", I mean is it something more than creating a char, wandering around chatting, fighting and picking stuff up, shortly followed by wondering why you're not interested in launching it.

7. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I'm going to give you the same advice as I've been giving to everyone else: if you like a straightforward dungeoncrawl with the focus heavily set on combat and character development, then ToEE is your game. If you crave for a game with tons of interesting dialog, dynamic story and lots of different areas to explore à la Arcanum, then you may want to keep your hard-earned £ in your wallet. Perhaps the best advice I could give you is this - if you liked Icewind Dale II, then you'll like ToEE.

If petit moi find it worth to play? Certainly. And I'll get right to it as soon as I get my computer back. :/

8. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

You've described my sentiments exactly. Its got a good graphics engine, a great fighting/character creation system, the dialogue is decent but... its missing real character, its just a straightforward dnd quest. Like an early Garry Gygax prototype.

9. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I just uploaded a couple. And btw a bit of bitching:

Your pic has been uploaded successfully.

But the feature Pic Approval has been enabled so your pic must be approved by a administrator or a moderator before posting

And then there's no period in that sentence. Why do I have that eerie feeling I'm not gonna win?

10. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Luckily for you, I approved your pictures.

11. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Regardless of my bitching? I'm touched.*

*Why the hell am I so sour lately? I'm beginning to annoy myslef.

12. DarkUnderlord

Sure. I win. AHAHAH. Bastard.

In other news, we'll keep the ToEE gallery open to user uploads. Obviously our great competition was a horrible, dismal failure. So if anyone out there ever does actually BUY ToEE and wants to upload some nice screenshots, feel free to. We're keeping picture approval in place, so maybe PM an admin once you've uploaded so we can approve it.

Our Host!