ToEE Patch 2.0 just that little bit closer

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by DarkUnderlord, May 9, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

It seems Steve Moret's post earlier about not hearing from Atari about his second patch has made them sit up and take notice. Slim from Atari <a href="http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=378954">posted this recently</a> on the Atari ToEE Forums:
    <blockquote>Hello everyone,

I'm helping to make sure patch 2.0 is swiftly a reality. We're having favorable results with it internally so far.

In fact, I'm playing with the patch myself, and enjoying it!

Soon, we will be able to post information concerning fixes included in the patch, and a release date.

Slim, Atari Producer</blockquote>
    Hopefully everyone who's had major game-ending bugs won't have long to wait.

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Good news. Means that I'll finally finish the game (I haven't done so yet...). Think I'll install it and play it through as soon as the patch arrives.

3. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Heh. I only got as far as Nulb then kinda gave up. The moathouse was fun but ToEE just hasn't been one of those games that's managed to suck me in and keep playing (like Arcanum did). To me, it's like Diablo in that "I'll finish that later".

Haven't had any real issues or major problems with bugs though, except the scrolling at speed 5 thing.

4. Dark Elf

Media:
    I know what you mean. It's not a good sign when you have to force yourself to complete a game. Still, I bought the damn thing, so I must complete it, in order to create an illusion that I wasn't cheated.

Fuck, there's been a long time since I got to play a quality RPG... I think Arcanum was the latest one, actually. And while Sacred is kinda fun, it doesn't even come close to what I would call a quality RPG. :(

Vampire got to save me or I'll go ballistic with a spoon!

5. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I always have to force myself to complete any game, except maybe Arcanum the first time through. Half the game is fun, then it's not fun untill it's over.

How far have you gotten with Sacred?

6. Dark Elf

Media:
    Not that far actually... my Dark Elf is at level 18 or so. Last thing I did was to give a dying soldier in the desert a bottle of water. It's a fun game, but I fear that I will loose interest soon - it's a bit too far on the repetative side, with little else to do but to slay monsters in absurdum.

7. mathboy

mathboy New Member

ok, my vampiress is about level 30, I just started playing it again after taking a one month break

Our Host!