To be, or not to be!

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by RPjunkie, Dec 4, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Icairus

Icairus New Member

1. I will be Chaotic Good - not liking Sigurd at all
    2. RP, in order to build off of posts, I find it easier if you attempt to seperate your ideas more. You should have more paragraphs, and more information about the look of the location and your character, or I will just make it up, and you seem to have some sort of idea as to where you want to go with this, you just want to get all the people together.

2. Wolf

Wolf New Member

This is just a preparartion thread. The real topic is here.

3. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

just looking to get everyone together. but more than that I want to see how each of you tells a story, give me just a morsel. like an hour or three before heading to the gathering point and/or how you found the recruitment flier and why you decided that it was talking about you. how you describe things and events. to see how your characters interpret things, how others view your character, to better suit our fun to the overall story. besides it helps me create the little nuances, that will add more of the fun=enjoyment factor

EDIT: trivial acts done by another character are okay. perhaps retold in a different light when that character takes thier turn.

4. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

I'd like to be a half elven chaotic good (though his outward social behaviour would make it appear that he is chaotic neutral) rogue. But i was also wondering if dual classing my character would be ok too? But then again i have no idea how this forum role playing is necessarily supposed to work, though i'd really like to participate. I'm looking for something with decent stealth and combat skills, with a little minor magick... like a thief/ druid if possible. If its not then i'll settle for either druid, or ranger/thief, or just thief depending on what RPjunkie thinks is more appropriate. (if it was going to come down to being a thief i'd prefer something along the lines of an assasin, as in basic thieves skills but with a sligh penalty, + slight combat bonus)

sorry if i'm being a bitch, but i'm just unclear on what the setting will be, so i'm just gonna let rpjunkie give a suggestion or two if she wants. If not, then consider me a multiclassed druid/thief.

Either way, my character is withdrawn emotionally, statically outgoing socially, prone to outbursts of brutal honesty, and is capable of both biting and soothing insight. Character is also very verbose, and is extremely charismatic upon first encountering a new person, this person will soon grow to either love or hate him after a few hours with him. I picked an avatar i think represents what the character would look like well enough. This character has a soft spot for l things natural but also all people of meager origin, i.e. a family in a farming community struggling to get by. He also has a distaste for oppressive governing, and would quickly lend his skills to battle what he percieved as the oppresion of the less fortunate. His weakness is his desire for powerful gear (i.e. the perfect pair of enchanted bracers) but would only resort to thievery as long as it would not harm a natural balance, or starve a family, but he couldnt give a shit about the rich. Why you ask? Because the half-elven woodland community he was raised in was forcefully evicted by torches and blades to make way for logging crews seeking lumber for a nearby duke's naval vessel's. He came about the interesting combination of druid/thief because he spent his early life studying nature ith his half elven parents, and the other half an orphan, living on the streets of a major city, which is where he learned sympathy for his fellow man, and the benefits of being able to hit it off well with total strangers.

If he was going to wear armor he'd wear studded leather, and a cloak and cowl. If her were going to use a; sword:rapier and dagger for parrying, polearm:spear or a farmer's scythe in a pinch, or staff, bow:shortbow, firearm: looking glass rifle, or sharpshooter's pistol (just an example, not sure how much arcanum you want to include).

I'd like for my character to be allowed the ability to morph into an animal whatever number of times rpjunkie thinks is appropriate perday, for as long as i choose. (as in dnd, when i morph i stay morphed until i cause my self to unmorph), i'd also like the clerical spells that go with the whole druid thing, and the thieving skills of cours.

What i'd really like to know is if rpunkie would kindly allow me to exist as a druid/thief.

5. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

Sleek said:
    Well if I didn't post it earlyier then that is a major oversight on my part. I was thinking of the timeline and story relativity, but must have forgotten to type it. So here it is: D&D setting, with a heavy emphasis on the forgotten realms, by we will run into Arcanum setting along the way-it will be before technology was started/conceived though.

6. Quethim

Quethim New Member

It would have helped if you said the setting first...now my character can't really be against technology if it doesn't even exists...eh...well, my character will still be all magic and magic loving and any signs of technology and she will basically freak and attempt to destroy it....I will post in the main thread soon...gotta develope my character and stuff...to fit the Arcanum theme....

7. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Well, I intend my character to die, but maybe I'll take someone down with him. Also, am I the only one who noticed that Sleek referred to RP as "she". RP is a male and has a wifey. He is NOT a lesbian as Chalupa joked about... Gettin' a bit off-topic here...

8. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

I let the 'she' slip by considering who it came wolfie (haha). we have all learnt that that is something we canexpect from that individual. :lol:

[EDIT] I expanded and elaborated on the world. catch all the ooey-gooey goodness contained in the post! :-o

9. Quethim

Quethim New Member

Hey Wolfy, you can have the color Cyan...

I have the color teal, two different colors...cyan is bright, teal is dark. Cyan sucks, teal is cool :)

10. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Like Mr. Wolf pointed out, Dran is pretty powerful. RP, you make the call as to whether he is too powerful or not.

11. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Nah, I'll just change my color. I can only really see the difference when they're together. Hey! Wait a sec! There is no teal. I'll just change to olive.

12. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

Dran may be as he is, yet he may not all that he seems...

Although I do think 6 martial arts would give him some rather unwanted fame to be involved in this quest, unless........more story ideas all the time (hehe)

And about using real measure: What would be the purpose of creating a world for our imaginations if we used real things, real measures and such? This to be a totally immersive world that we can 'lose' ourselves in when we post/contemplate next move.

This world also has two suns and three moons to make things interesting-might explain the prolifierity of magick. Thus it has a 10 month cycle, with four weeks in each month, and 10 days in each week (400 days in cycle). Sun/moon cycles shall be made known later (not done with 'em yet).

btw - I want to know what ya'll think of this (my/our) world. Please be honest, and give me something to work on/tweak if you dont like some thing. I do hope you like it!

13. Quethim

Quethim New Member

Sounds pretty nice, the measurment stuff can be pretty confusing, so sorry if I accidently throw in "feet" or "hours" or something like that...

Anyway, we should be about ready to start the quest....right after one of you fetches my character some food and some water :)

14. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

I have set in motion the actions to take us from gathering to adventuring!

There is a good time to be had by all. And I hope we can have much fun.

15. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

There seems to be a severe lack of interest in the rp thread. I do not wish to see it die, but when I see that EVERY one of you participating do post at least once a day (if not every other day) to another forum, but not even check in here, then I am to conclude that there is little interest in the thread.

We need to have a better turn of posts!!!!! There is ABSOLUTELY no excuse for not posting for more than a week!?!? When I was the last to post, and there are no posts following for a week, that is a slap in the face guys!! If you do not want to continue just let me know, please. I really think that if'n ya'll stick around long enough you will REALLY like a few of the surprises that I have in store for ya'll.

Please take the time to stop in, read the 2-3 posts that have been written, and write 5-10 sentences to continue/further whatever is happening. I know that ALL of you spend plenty of time in the GD board, but apparently with all your time going to leaving 20 posts a day there, ya'll are too busy to stop in and read the rp thread. I guess that the 5 min it would take away from your arguing in GD would just be too much to ask of ya'll.

I will ask an admin to lock the thread the next time there are no posts for 7 days, so lets keep this going (it only takes 5 min to post).

Our Host!