THROWING OR SMASHING??

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Raziell777, Feb 25, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Raziell777

Raziell777 New Member

I've never played with character with throwing skill and now I want to know is it good?? I mean,I don't want to spend points on that skill and later in the game see that I was wrong.Do you need high perception and what is the best weapon in that category???

SEE YA

2. Raziell777

Raziell777 New Member

Oh,yeah...I forgot....

Who is best thrower; Tech/mage?

3. pdsullivan

pdsullivan New Member

One, dexterity, not perception, is key for throwing. It may seem like it should be the other way but whether you can see the target and whether you can land a grenade on his position require two different strengths altogether. Second, tech is probably the stronger thrower, with all those grenades and the aerial decapitator, though Azram's star is nice for the magically inclined throwers; if you are willing to forego master training or kill her afterwards...

4. Raziell777

Raziell777 New Member

You got the point,but fire college(1)comes in handy if you're thrower(mega boost-3 spells at once is realy something..),and I don't wanna be in situation when you are out of bombs...you know,beeing a teach sometimes can be expensive and some of items are hard to find,so I think that magic is useful for throwers-Fire boost(2 spells-8 dex) and elven gloves(+2dex).So that means that you can be meelee/dodge/bow/throw/pickpocket/lockpick expert(or even a master)at level 10! Just use this superb spell(fire,of course)and invest your points do combat skills....

5. Milo

Milo New Member

Throwing is not a bad skill. There're a couple of good weapons available. Namely the Aerial Decapitator (if you're a tech) and Azram's Star (if you're magical).

There's also the Molotov Cocktail, aka One of the Cheapest Weapons in the Game. It's a first level tech, you can find the components for in trash cans everywhere, and you can throw an unlimited amount of them per turn without wasting any APs.

6. kilnar

kilnar New Member

1. Perception is helpful for throwers, though not essential.

2. Aerial decapitator is best thrown weapon whether you are tech or mage. Neither aptitude affects it.

3. Azram's Star is technically magical (no pun intended), but is 100% effective even with a 100 tech aptitude. It is second only to the decapitator. And bombs.

4. Be very careful not to use the decapitator or star if your followers move between you and your target. If you don't land a hit on your target, there's a good chance you'll hit your follower.

Our Host!