Throne of Darkness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RPjunkie, Oct 1, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

Anyone ever play this Sierra title?

I thought it a great Japanese/samurai version of Diablo :) :thumbup:

2. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

Really? I've seen it in stores, but it looked rather cheesy to me... I'll pick it up and give it a try to see wether or not what you speak holds any weight. :) :) :)

3. Stuart

Stuart New Member

It is rather good, although I wish they had just made it a asian-style version of Diablo. All that teleporting back and forth, making sure that your group-members are all the same level. Nuisance, really.

-Stuart

4. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

why the fuck would you rather have a japanese version of diablo? then you'd be complaining about how "nothing's different, its just diablo 2 set in japan." bullshit is what i hear. if humans never elaborated on anything we'd still be riding in horse drawn carts, and burning wood in stoves for heat, and dying of smallpox etc. the multi-character system in throne of darkness was a great improvement on the otherwise diablo-esque game that was throne of darkness.

5. Stuart

Stuart New Member

Or possibly I didn't like Diablo 2 that much and liked Throne of darkness better, if it hadn't been for all the change-party-members-all-the-time routine.

Or don't you think that a Throne of Darkness setup for Diablo 2 would have been rather nice?

And you should learn to control your language, you know.

-Stuart

6. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

sorry sorry sorry, but yes i think a multiple character system would have made diablo 2 a better game than it already is. as for throne of darkness, i never really did mind all the running around, i was to enrapt in its revolutionary "play making system."

but then again i only played it for about 2 hours when my buddy let me borrow his cds one day.

sorry about the cursing etc.

7. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

If you want an asian-style Diablo 2, then from what I hear Prince of Qin isn't bad...although it's also a love it or hate it game as well. Apparently, mind you. I haven't played it, but it doesn't seem bad. If it was ever released in Australia then I might have picked it up.

In other news, Paradise Cracked is in the USA now, so if you really like your JA2 style games then check it out.

8. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Paradise Cracked huh? and its like jagged aliance 2 huh? whats the premise? have you played it? is it good? ok now i'm off to do a search on google for it, but your opinion on the game would be appreciated :D

9. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

I think that the real 'coup de gras' is the building and custumizing of weapons/armor. If memory serves me right(haven't played in a couple yrs) Diablo and Diablo II do not have this feature!!! Yes there are magical/enhanced items in D/D2 but you cannot make them more enhanced than they are, nor build new items. This one fact alone elaborates more than any other game on the "diablo-esque" plateau!!

Sleek said:
    Well I think that my opening statement can very well prove what sleek said to be a completely uninformed, totally misguided, wholly malnurished, blatantly ignorant, and otherwise could be archived to the Vault of Folly statement.

Maybe next time something is said about a game the entity making said statement should know what it is they are talking about rather than posting something that looks like a n00b left it! :) :cry: :D :-x

I believe that to have anything of worth or weight to say of a game that one must at least play half of the said game. Otherwise how would one know what is truly the subtlies of the game, and what makes it different from others(if at all).

10. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

thank you very much for your opinion HOWEVER, i was responding to stuarts statement that
    so there you go. that statement had nothing to do with what you said. :roll:

my point was that he was complaining about how it was too different from diablo 2, but i believe that if had been more similar to diablo 2 he would be complaining that nothing was different except for the setting.

i can understand how you could screw that up though; i used the word japanese where he used the word asian, so i guess it might not be obvious given the context and the general ambiguity of forum posts not targeting a specific person... :/ i'll try to make it more clear next time :razz: :thumbup:

11. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

I thank you for your rather roundabout apology(I think there was one in there) and must also plead simple stupidity on my part. :/

I withdraw certain parts of my statement which my have directed 'schooling' in the wrong bearing. [you may contact my lawyer to see which parts were retracted from records-K.S.Mias]

Our Host!