those of you in other parts of the world may not care...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rosenshyne, Dec 13, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

Scott Peterson was sentenced to death today for killing his 8 month pregnant wife at Christmas two years ago. He was convicted of a double homicide, with his unborn son counting as the second victim. The murder took place in their home on Christmas Eve, about 5 blocks from my house. I didn't know her or her family, but I was also 8 months pregnant the Christmas after she disappeared, and it was a very sad story to follow.

2. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Finally! I heard earlier today. That was the most drug-out simple murder case I've seen in a long time.

3. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Peterson didnot killed his wife at all. The fishing boat he have would have flip over in the water it he try to thoss his wife dead body overboard, she weight 165 pound deadweight. I use in some park lake boat like that kind, they tell you to be careful moveing around on then as it isnot than yarch.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bullshit. Scott is guilty. You should have seen his mannerisms in the court room. They speak for themselves.

5. mathboy

mathboy New Member

It's all than plot aganst than second departmant!!

6. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

If you sentence people on the basis of their mannerism, then I'm fucking going to mars.

What I heared about this was they didn't have solid evidence, and he got convicted because they felt he was guilty. OJ's court ruling was equally dumb, just the other way around.

7. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Obviously we don't know all the facts, so I'm not going to pass judgement. And it's J! How are you man?

8. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, see you there.

10. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Chaosthehobo you donot know whay you are talking about. First there was no bloodstrain in or on his pickup truck proven by lab test. DA and Media said there where blood stain on pickup truck. The strain on the boat wherenot mannal bloodstrain but most likely fishstrain as he went fishing alot, proven by lab test.

The police didnot follow up some lead of sexual criminals who might have done the crime, than police detective testise in court that some of the release sexual criminal have a history of doing this kind of crime.

Than woman assit DA said she look alot like Peterson wife and she walk her dog in the same park as his wife and have the same type of dog also,
    than man she once sent to pision and is now out threaten to get back at her.

11. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

12. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i was really hoping he scott peterson didn't kill his wife, but a jury found him guilty, so i have to accept their verdict. that's why we have this system in place. besides, when a jury convicts someone, they're usually right. the few times they're wrong is due to simple human error. and it's not like he doesn't have plenty of time to put in appeals. we're talking california here. sitting on death row means he has a couple decades.

13. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Unfortunately I don't believe in the death penalty, thats my only opinion on the trial. I'm not a fan of the death penalty.

14. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

That broken bbcode tag in your sig is making me a fan of the death penalty already.

15. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

Well, for what it's worth, I'm a strong believer in the death penalty, but ONLY if there is a solid case of evidence used to convict the person. Circumstantial evidence should never be allowed to produce a death penalty.

My grandfather was convicted of murder based on the fact that he was with his uncle the night that some men framed him for a murder that they committed back in the late 1800s in East Texas. He spent 5 years in the penitentiary until his lawyer got him a full pardon from the governor and he didn't do anything wrong. There were two other men with him who were convicted and died in that penitentiary before he got out. I guess our system doesn't always work to protect the innocent. :(

This kicker on this is that my grandmother waited for my grandfather to get out of prison so they could get married and raise a family, but some of the men who framed his uncles were cousins of hers. The deputy sheriff was related to those men, too. You won't find any records in the county courthouse either, because someone ripped the records of the trial out and destroyed them.

16. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Most jury member today are supid. Finding than man gueity with no evidence at all just because of his behavior..

17. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Most circumstantial evidents is more reliable than eyewistom evident in a trial. Circumstantial evidents is all scienist evidences like DNA, fingerpint, and etc. Only eyewist and other people who testise can commit prejury.

18. chuft

chuft New Member

Charles has a point. Direct evidence is almost always in the form of testimony, and people can lie, make mistakes, and just plain ol' remember incorrectly. Numerous studies on groups of people shown an event prove that as many versions of the event as there are witnesses will emerge from their descriptions.

On the other hand, circumstantial evidence also relies on witnesses. Drug tests for example rely on the testimony of the technicians involved in taking them; fingerprints rely on those taking the prints, or testifying that they match some other set of prints, or those maintaining the records of other prints, etc. Same with DNA tests - if a lab tech is out to get you, you could get seriously screwed.

Ultimately everything comes down to testimony of people. No system can get around that, and no system will thus ever be perfect, especially considering that the criminal will be trying to obfuscate what really happened and will do his or her best to cover their tracks and perhaps frame someone else.

19. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

If you support capital punishment, then you support absolute political control at its sickest extreme. No life is returned by an execution, it's not a deterrent, it's not a prevention. An eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind.

What lesson is gained? Peace? Closure? No, all it does is teach society that if you feel someone is worthy of death as prescribed by your own politics, then go ahead and do it, just don't get caught. The system justifies executions within itself the same way the murderer might justify his own actions to himself at the time of the crime. Either way, the taking of a life in any situation is absolutely self-righteous, and in no way productive.

20. mathboy

mathboy New Member

And what would you choose dying or being raped by niggers (black people) for the next 150 years with no chance to get free?

Our Host!