Thorvald Two-Stones

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Gillsing, Aug 5, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Gillsing

Gillsing New Member

I picked him up, and whenever I ask him what we should do, he says that we should head for the Wheel Clan, because he won't wait forever. But when we went to the Wheel Clan, he didn't do or say anything special, and when we leave, he's still saying that we should go to the Wheel Clan. Is he going to stay now, or is he going to eventually decide that enough time has passed, and that it's time to leave the group and go to the Wheel Clan? Should I have let him wear his Wheel Clan spectacles for the right script to trigger? I didn't want to bother equipping him, but if he's going to stay I might as well steal some dwarven platemail for him.

I read in some old post that one should leave him outside the Wheel Clan, because otherwise he'd disappear forever. Could it have been fixed in an unofficial patch?

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

When I play, as soon as we get inside and reach the guards, he thanks me for bringing him home, then runs off; never to be seen again.

If anyone's ever changed that in a patch, I haven't heard of it.

Also, I've never kept him in my party long enough to see if he'll leave on his own. Perhaps someone else can give you a yea or nay on that.

And I've always had to take the spectacles from him to get the doorway to appear. That might be just the way I play.

3. Silencer

Silencer New Member

I had ascertained during my current playthrough that the entrance to the Wheel Clan will also appear if you have Thorvald (w/spectacles) step on the square in front of it, as it would with you.

I don't know if he'd leave the party, though. He left mine as soon as we got into the first corridor.

4. jfkoski

jfkoski New Member

Thorvald- follower to the end

In one of my games (as a dwarf) I got him to stay with me until the end, but last game (as a half-orc) I wasn't able to duplicate it. It's possible you have to ask him to rejoin before you leave the screen with the guards, which might have been my mistake. He didn't whine after the Wheel Clan.

According to my notes you can't get him if you're a gnome ("Are you a dwarf or a gnome?"is not an option) . Also he can become a free follower.

5. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    If I want Thorvald in my party, I simply order him to wait, run up to the guards, and bring him with me again. Works wonders.

6. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

He'll stay with you inside the Wheel Clan?

7. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Was a long time ago, but I think he did, yes. Of course, eaving him outside for the entire stay there is probably the safest option.

8. Gillsing

Gillsing New Member

Looks like Thordwald Two-Stones is sticking around for the duration. I think some gamefile may have had an accident. Because when I recently brought Swyft to Tarant, she thanked me and told me that I could have the coin she promised, and then I got to use a generated "goodbye" line.

But does she leave the party? No! She sticks around just like Thorwald, except while we're still in Tarant, she keeps entering into the same conversation over and over, without leaving and without giving me any coin. And I assume that when we leave Tarant she'll go back to her Stillwater-behaviour, which is to whine about me not taking her to Tarant.

I could "disband" her from the group in Tarant, but then she hates me because I promised to bring her to Tarant. I don't want the whiny little elf to hate me, so I think I'll keep her around as a toy. I think she's attracted to half-ogres who can use Dominate. Maybe that's what I did, without even noticing it? Yup. Powerful aura. Could be the smoking jacket too. :roll:

9. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I had the Swyft glitch where she 'leaves' your party every 60 sec or so; In the end I had to kill her.

Has anyone ever made it so you can keep Swyft?

10. Gillsing

Gillsing New Member

You're saying that when she's decided that you're not taking her to Tarant after all, she 'leaves' in frustration even in other areas (instead of just complaining)? I could see how that would make it too much of a bother. But while running around in Tarant I can just tell her to wait. Got to keep her around when I'm about to level up though. Clan Maug is up next, and I want to see Swyft beef herself up with all her unspent points.

11. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

No, I got to Tarant she thanked me for bringing me there and says she'll see me later but doesn't leave my party. I then get stuck in an endless loop of here starting that conversation once a minute.

12. zioburosky13

zioburosky13 New Member

The Swyft and Thorvald quest seems like the bug Troika forgot to squish even in the patch... :/

13. jfkoski

jfkoski New Member

Re: Thorvald

I just took Thorvald to the Wheel Clan. If he's with you when the guard talks to you then he leaves and you can't get him back. He then disappears (no doubt back to the Isle of Despair).

But, if you have him wait outside and let the guard talk to you, you can then go back for him and lead him inside without him leaving! Since in another adventure I took him to the Void, I suspect he won't give me grief after I leave the Wheel Clan about going there.

I also just posted a dialog fix for Magnus@Thorvald.

Now that I can make and change schemes, I decided that since Thorvald's a free follower, I didn't need another "pure melee-dodge" character after Sogg and Chukka (and Gar). I currently set up a new scheme for him to start learning prowling (DX) since I thought it might be handy to have a tough guy capable of prowling with me. I also had him learn (dis)armtrap (PE), but I might change that to gunsmithy (IN) and/or firearms (PE). Had I done it with Gar, then he might have helped in the B-M Mines, though using the "spottraps dog" scheme from CarArcanum didn't protect me. The dog was always in the back. King Loghaire also is "pure meele-dodge" which is boring, but since he's around level 35 it would be cheaper for him to learn DX skills like prowling, and picklock. Torian Kel is also on the "Pure Melee-Dodge" scheme. Also, "Pure Melee-Dodge" could use modification for ST, since there are NPC's like Sogg who are allowed to have that stat over 20.

Our Host!