Thorn's World

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Silvio-Arjunza, Sep 5, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

I'm going to start laying out my thoughts for making an immense Arcanum mod, and want any ideas that you may suggest, and to criticize others on thier ideas... so that we can get the best ones for my mod!! ($50 says I get this all laid out, get half-way finished, and everyone will quit playing Arcanum cause the second one will come out)

2. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Cool, I'm doing the same thing for the Weekend Warrior Mod that I would be making if any of the Weekend Warriors would get off their asses and help :-x

Dude, I might take that bet because I doubt Sierra loves us enough to make another Arcanum :cry:

3. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

I'm making a fairly big mod as well, SteamEarth but I'm gonna be changing the name pretty soon.

Anyway check out the website

4. Silvio-Arjunza

at the moment I'm just writing out ideas, then I'm gonna start pencilling maps, then have a world map made by one of our legendary local artists (she won 1rst in a state compitition for drawing)... god, this is gonna take SOO much work... and, for that matter, does anyone know how to make a world map and install it so it works? I'm guessing figuring that out and doing it will take the better part of two months... joy... this is gonna take soo fuckin long... (pardon the french) meh, I guess since I'm not feeling well at the moment I'm gonna have plenty of tyme to map all this shit out... :/ :-o :/

5. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Storm, that mod looks NICE, good npcs too, maybe you could make Virgil a boss you have to fight.

Matt, keep at it, it's a bitch using Arcanum WorldEd.

As for your question, DU get in here and help us please!!

6. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

Maybe a follow-on. ;)

Anyway I'm putting the mod on hold for a bit and I will start work on a 'sub-mod' which will be easier. The newspaper screenshot is a clue....

7. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

might want to spellcheck your website stormy. Progess, and Probadly aren't actual words... (progress, probably) just letting you know...

and some pcs in the screen shots might make your mod look... habited...

8. Silvio-Arjunza

yea... has anyone made a mod where there's a world map that you can travel across? and like plot-released locations? I haven't touched worlded yet (half outta fear, and half because I'm not done building my ideas).. so if anyone does know how to do that... or knows how to do something else that's not gonna be a fun task (similar to that) let me know so I can put it off tell last :D

9. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

I have some files for a world map if you want them, its pretty easy to edit. Theres a download on Dark Underlord's site from which I got the world map.

10. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Don't nit pick like that, I think that that mod looks good enough to forgive his spelling errors. At least he's consistant and doesn't not capitalize the first letter of a sentence then capitilize his second sentence you grammatical heathen!!!!!!! :x O and dude, congrats on the new avatar :D

Also, a pre-emptive congrats to Matt, for being about to make Master :thumbup: :thumbup: :)

11. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

12. Silvio-Arjunza

thanks DU... I've barely touched the World Ed and I'm pissed at it already... :lol: this is gonna be a loong... mod... :p :lol: :p if I only had more tyme on my hands... wait, I complain about too much tyme already, heh... I suppose I should stop... :roll:

13. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Yea, if I ever get a day where I don't have 18 pages of hw to do, then I would start modding again too :-( Damn AP classes, always wanting me to work and shit :-x

14. Silvio-Arjunza

ugh, I'm hating the ArcWorldEd more and more every day... I am at a point where I just want to stop... ugh, I'll go on... but this shit is tedious!! I'm currently thinking of putting in a quest for a custom (and really good) item, just I need to make the item, and I have to figure out how to set the Char to do dialogue... ugh... this program will be the death of me... why couldn't they make it simple? like... um... shit... I've forgotten what game it was that had the easy world Ed.... um... I'll post later about it... I forget what game it is, and I'm about to go to sleep. ttyl!

15. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

Right click, edit. Then click flags and set to dialogue. Then create the script for your dialogue in sock monkey and use a word program to write what your character says. Then reload in WorldEd and add the script.

Its all on DU's site.

16. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I know, evil worlded, evil! :x If you want a game with a very nice editor, I'm currently in love with the Neverwinter Nights mod ability.

17. Silvio-Arjunza

yea... I'm gonna get NWN... I got Dungeon Siege instead... it's a good game.... I'm currently being pulled between it and Arc. I think with a little work Arcanum could've been a much better game... it just need more... zap... you know? more pain for the punch, more zap for the bolt, more bang for the gun... :) :) :) yep! Arcanum is, in my opinion, a very good game, but we all know it coulda been a lot better with a little more tyme and work... I still haven't remembered what game it was that had the great editor... I've played so many games remembering one editor or another gets hard...

18. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I've never playe Dungeon Siege, it's as good as Arcanum?
    About how much was it?

19. Silvio-Arjunza

it was the same price as NWN where I bought it... though that was about 3-4 months back, so it might have dropped by now... and it's a fun game, a pure and true hack-n-slash with a pretty damn good plot... plus it's got some bitchin fun online play... :)

20. Silvio-Arjunza

I declare Thorn's World Abandoned. I've gotten very little done in the past couple weeks, school consumes too much tyme, (and other activities consume the rest :) ) so I may pick it up later, I currently have naught but ideas, plus a barely started map. if someone wished to pick-up Thorn's World then I would be more than willing to help them with it, but I am currently too short on tyme to go full-scale on a game editor as complex as this. sorry. I'll try to work on it a little, but I've rarely got free tyme.

Our Host!