This forum is dying. And why?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Dark Elf, Nov 8, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I believe that the subject speak for itself. This forum is dying, a very few people seem to make entries.

I mean, look at the NWN forum (I'm a poster there too). Arcanum is a better game, and yet everyone lurks around there while they should be here!

I can post someting here, return after a week just to see my post STILL being at the uppermost top of the posts. Aaarghhh!

2. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Deja-vu anyone?

First let me translate what NWN really means

N--A
    W--O
    N--L

Just a while ago some posters tried to make this place into something similiar.. They just spammed.

I go around checking forums and if anyone would look closely, they would notice that if you took away all the spam that goes down, it's possible that even less normal content than here.

Sorry, if you want to "yeee, lets go here and talk about ANY POSSIBLE SHIT" go somewhere else...

Unfortunetely there are a lot more people that just plainly spam and have a great time doing it. Do you see anyone like that here?

//TIP:

DON'T EVER COMPARE AN ARCANUM FORUM TO A NWN FORUM!!! FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!

I've been absent for a couple of days recently, my ISP croaked, what you see above was a spontanic release of energy.(yea that sounds good)

I've known you for just 29 posts, and I already know you are weird,
    you know, when you create a topic, and someone replies to it, it ACTUALLY STAYS ON TOP!!! As a recent topic!! Now that I used my ass ninja powers to uncover the mystery of posts being on top, I need to get going to the doc's, see you all later.

3. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

This forum's all ways been this way. A few good regulars. We try to kill off the spammy annoying ones as quickly as possible. Your own account is scheduled for deletion next Wednesday. :croak: Unless you want to do something about that.

4. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I always liked this forum - a few good regulars, and a good turnover of newbies popping in for a few weeks and then a new set would come along, all the while we would get just a few more regulars, and everything would mosy along all fine and dandy, and everyone would get all chatty and friendly.

...and then we got invaded by a whole load of new members who just loved to spam and flame each other.

No more friendly but heated debates. No more chummy, but witty and cunning comments between regulars. Just put downs and offensive remarks.

It's only just starting to get back to the way it was, with the newer members settling down a bit.

5. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

Ferret, you forget about the inevitable newbies who complain that the forum's dying, contrary to all evidence.
    If anything, there's a lot more active topics across these boards now than there has been for a while. Why certain posters keep insisting on HoL's death I have no idea, but it sure is annoying.

6. Menion Ravenlock

Menion Ravenlock New Member

Yeah newbs... Ever since I came here I enjoyed myself in all the forums here and its just the best forum I seen in a long time. I been to others and well they just don't have well it's just they are not as good as this one is. Dark Elf your post is still here because well mabye your posts are not worth the shit to reply to thats why!

7. Etalis Craftlord

Yes. Ever since you came here. Less than three weeks ago. :p

I'm glad you like these forums, Menion. :)

8. Menion Ravenlock

I am also glad I like this forum to it has lots of events and stuff. I even started my own RPG in the forum also. Hmmm I wonder if darkelf has seen my post?

9. DarkUnderlord

I'm not glad. This forum sucks. A bunch of worthless individuals I have never encountered previously in my life.

10. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Cow Tipping

I know this sort of moronic crap belongs in the General Discussion, but I want to put it here

Menion, I think we should start a little cow tipping in here.

11. Etalis Craftlord

Careful there, Icairus. Thinks that touch DU have a tendency to... disappear.

12. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Easily found

Yes, but they are easily found, just look in a ditch 3-5 days later.

13. Etalis Craftlord

No, really. I don't know what he does with them. You just look away for a second and they're gone.

Must have something to do with cows having five stomachs or somesuch.

14. Menion Ravenlock

Hell I am with Icairus. I am not skeeeered of anyone and I don't think I am going to be like *POOF* because of DU. For all I care DU can just then go to a differnt forum if it sucks so bad for him! I think DU gots a people problem or somthin. But DU is alright even though he can be a :asshole: !! :grin:

15. DarkUnderlord

I'm sorry, can I have this translated please? I didn't understand any of it.

A few key words have me confused (skeeeeeered for one). All I understand from it is that Menion might be Gay. Which would probably make sense, seeing as he acts homophobic.

16. Icairus

Icairus New Member

DU, having the unfortunate circumstance of knowing many idiots myself, I might be able to translate the mess of random letters that makes up Menion's post.
    Everything from here down is in Menion's words

I wish I could be nearly as awsome as Icairus. Icairus is my god.
    I am scared of everything, even my own shadow, but I don't think I am going to disappear because of DarkUnderlord
    Although DarkUnderlord has a brain, and I don't, has friends and I don't, and is not a newbie, while I am; I think he has a "people problem." However, DarkUnderlord is cool, although I think I am cool because I managed to work an emoticon into this message, and it almost worked!

17. Etalis Craftlord

I thought you were homophobic?
    :p

Not even that guy with the hook for a hand? He's craaaaaaaaaazy

Ah, sweet truth.

No, you idiot, not "like *POOF*", more like *munch* AHHHHHHHH *munch* HHHHHHHHH *munch* AHHHH- *munch* *munch* *munch*

Who said it was bad here for him? I'm confused.

Hell, if you're what passes for people, then I've got a people problem too.

18. Menion Ravenlock

I am not gay! UH skeered is a slang word for scared DU... Never mind I messed up and I am confused. *Blushes like an idiot*

God I am stupid!

19. Icairus

Icairus New Member

I couldn't agree more.
    Although I am impressed, you have managed to put together a few coherent posts in the RP section, if only you would put thought into all of your posts, the world would be a better place

20. Menion Ravenlock

I know. I am a writer, I have to write some things nice. My post in RP is going to be a very long one.

Our Host!