Things that should be in the second part.

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Octillicus, Apr 21, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Octillicus

Octillicus New Member

1. The capability for the game to scan existing Arcanum datafiles and therefore incorporate the results of your activities in the first game into the second. It wouldn't have to be anything terribly large (I mean, the addition of items such as history books in the library, maybe some speech snippets here and there)

2. Allow the player to devise new schematics and spells. Yes, I can already here the cries of "This is Arcanum, not morrowind!" And I must admit the inspiration came from that particular game.

3. Keep the existing humour. you all know what I mean, Gilbert Bates and the Zapruda camera, intelligent and funny. I just loved the Tolkein parody.

4. More social skills, I suggest the arts of Taunting, Bribery and sexual manipulaion.

5. a Beauty derived skill, possibly linked to Sexual manipulation.

6. Made those neat lizard people a playable race.

7. release Arcanum two, soon.

2. Langolier

Langolier Member

I agree, the Bedokan would be a cool race to play......... in another thread I posted what I thought thier racial limitters should be. I like the idea of a BE derived skill. Also the idea of actions in Arcanum one affecting or being mentioned in Arcanum two is a nice idea, thats ofcourse if Arcanum two takes place after one. I figure it could also work if they had it take place durring the age of legends. As for realising it soon; sadly, I doubt they will ever realise it at all. :'(

3. backstabber

backstabber New Member

neat. good idea. but what about people who did not have arcanum 1???
    and what if the character in arcanum 1 destroyed the world???

what's that about zapruda's camera??? what about tolkein parady?

4. Octillicus

Octillicus New Member

1. It wouldn't matter if you never bought Arcanum 1, the items and speech linked to the first game would simply be removed/re-referenced to "The False Living One" or something similar.

2. The Zapruda camera at the crash site, Zapruda was the man who filmed the assassination of J F K, There's plenty of Tolkein parody in there, too. Ex. "Tollo Underhill" Underhill's the name that Frodo assumes in Lord of the Rings

I would also like to see the addition of custom background system.

5. Canis

Canis New Member

Abraham Zapruder, actually.

Not to belabor the point, but you can already implement custom backgrounds in the game with the bare minimum of effort.

6. Octillicus

Octillicus New Member

I see I've already found the Forum's resident anal-retentive.

Also, I didn't actually realise it was possible to create custom background, will you tell me how O Ziah?

7. Canis

Canis New Member

8. Octillicus

Octillicus New Member

Thanks, tony. You always were the best of 'em. 'cept possibly Lloyd, he always had the edge on you.

Editing follower level-up schemes? hoo-boy, now we're cooking with russian mystery gas!

9. Canis

Canis New Member

I've got a better tutorial on my hard drive but I can't remember where the bloody hell I got it.

Oh, wait, here it is:

http://rpgplanet.com/arcanum/tinkerer/t ... cktutorial

It's a little obtuse but it has all or most of the info you'll need. It's really not THAT hard to do it, I don't know why people keep writing novels on the subject like they're Dostoevsky or something. Honestly.

10. Octillicus

Octillicus New Member

Yep, you're my new reason to live. People like you are the reason we have awards and tear-jerking moments in kiddies movies.

You make me sick.

11. backstabber

backstabber New Member

tsk.

btw i noticed something else too.
    outside pit of fire there's these adventurers.
    one's name is jahyrad or something,
    which is very similar to jaheira from BG
    then there's frondo, who is frodo!

12. cadaver

cadaver New Member

yeah just look at the tekst at graveyard stones, I did saw somewhere GAME OVER and 'he saw light in the end of a tunnel, the train coudn't stop' tekst like this are in the game.

ps I olso heard rumors that there is somewhere (thougd between tarant, wheel clan and ashbury) is a graveyard with many and more funny things don't know this for sure

13. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

14. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

15. cadaver

cadaver New Member

could be, but I think it is

16. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

it was in DoA's locations of Arcanum list, I heard a few say that the gravestones contain some pretty funny messages.

17. verminator_666

verminator_666 New Member

i think there should be more involvement of evil characters, in arcanum there simply arent enough evil characters and quests, and the involvement in the evil story line is too late, unless youre willing to be disliked by more or less everybody its pointless to be evil. unless its related to the bangellian scourge.

from my point of view anyway.

18. Langolier

Langolier Member

I agree. There should be more turning points and alternate routs through the story line.

19. verminator_666

verminator_666 New Member

not that it woulndnt be nice to have more turning points and alternate routes, it would just be so god damn hard to be done, i mean this game already has hundreds of ways to go,i just think there should be two or three main plots to follow depending on what your character does.

20. Arconis Trava

Arconis Trava New Member

I think that we need some new evil vs good ideas. But another good idea would be the DnD Chaos vs Law struggle. The hard thing about that is its hard to be chaotic without being evil. But the Trokia people are smart so i trust them to figure it out.
    ANother plot thing would be that you are that dude that started the religion that vigil mentiones(i forgot that name of the religion and the dudes name), in the past, and its ure job to shapr the religion, go on wars, find artifacts, and fight bad people, and in general kick some ass. I know im gonna get yelled at for all my controversial ideas, but thats my story and im stickin to it.

Our Host!