!!!THEY DID IT!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dragoon, Jun 22, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Korea in the semis. Yeah!!! Even Sheriff's support wasn't enough to deafeat them. Yuppie!!!

2. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Take THAT, Milo! My team is through to the semis.

Where are my 100k HolerCreds, ThreeDogs?

3. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

They should be in your account. Don't tell me you have been a victem of cybercrime. Well who around here is a hacker? I seem to remember hearing the DU was that sort. I suggest we have investigated. In fact we better order a full body cavity search. :eek:

4. slagger21

slagger21 New Member

Korea through !!!! Go Asia ! 3:) :cool:_ 8) :D

Who wants to bet ?

ROUND 1 !

Korea vs Germany

place yer bets here !

5. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

If you want the Koreans to win, you better send them money cause they probably spent all of their national reserves on bribing the egyptian ref.

6. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Bribed referees. Many good teams claim that they lost because of the referee. Sure referees do make mistakes but in that match Spanish self-fauling players just were in the offside.

If only others could take their loss like England. No riots no lawsuits threats - bitter acceptance..

7. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Offside my ass.
    Edit
    Even the chairman of Fifa announced that only the highest class refs will be present for the rest of the cup to prevent such "mess ups".

8. Ioo

Ioo New Member

I'm sure that alot of football fans in England got pissed drunk and rioted too.

9. Rat Keeng

Rat Keeng New Member

Actually, this time they didn't riot. They didn't threaten to kill all the players. They didn't scream things about raping and torturing the players' children and wives.

What's happened to the English soccer fans?

10. Ioo

Ioo New Member

Comon... they at least had to get drunk and fight a bit.

11. Sheriff Fatman

They got drunk, yes, but I'm very pleased to say there seems to have been almost no trouble, unless it has passed me by completely. Some of this looks like it is down to the media. Our papers, for once, didn't start looking for scapegoats or hammering Seamen or Erikson (most of them, anyway).

Like I said before, the difference might be that we went out fair and square to a better team. In the past, much of the resentment has been caused by a feeling that we'd been cheated somehow. Not that it excuses the stupid tantrums, but I can see how they haven't happened this time. Most people seem very pleased with our performance.

Regarding the ref decisions, there are many bad decisions going on all the time. We should get a higher quality of refs in the World Cup but even they can make mistakes. They don't have the benefit of slo mo replays.

Apart from the bad decisions that may have been made, Spain had the rest of the match, 30 minutes extra time, and 5 penalties to prove they were the better team.

12. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

They were the better team. And saying penalties are a way to prove anything is more rediculous than licking frost off your freezer.

13. Sheriff Fatman

True. After golden goal, they should all be thrown in a pit and made to fight it out through pulling shirts and elbowing faces. Last man standing goes through.

Spain may well have been the better team, but then I thought USA were the better team against Germany, and they still got knocked out. Looking at the slo mo's, they should have had a penalty that they didn't get, too.

14. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

Its the nature of sports that the best team doesn't always win. That caveat aside S. Korea has been the benificiary of a lot of questionable calls. The red card on Tottie for one. Another was the ending of regualtion against Spain. The ref blew the whistle right as they were about to take a corner, rather unusual I'd say. I know they are the home team but c'mon. Well now I can root for Brazil without reservation.

15. Sheriff Fatman

Wanna go double or quits on that 100k? I haven't spent it yet.

I bet South Korea beat Germany.

16. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

Sure I'll take the Teutonic air assault over the home town and ref's favorite.

17. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Is that what you do after work with Lysa?

Seriously sheriff, I said that it didn't prove anything. It's just a way to resolve the match.

I don't think you can say one team is better that the other just because one of the players missed by a few inches.
    What's even worse, many players that miss a vital penalty fall into a hole they can't get out of. Remember Roberto Baggio in 1994?

18. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

No no Sheriff, that hockey.

That's what happens in the extra time (this Cup at least). exactly when time runs out it's over.

How did Spain-Ireland match end? I kind of forgot, could you remind me Jinxed?

19. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

Stoppage time is rather subjective. Its is unusual for the whistle to blow w/o letting the corner go.
    So Dragoon are you implying that S. Korea is where they are through their own merit and not the interference of the refs?

20. Milo

Milo New Member

It's not over yet! They're in the semis, but they haven't won it all yet. It took all the hopeful wishes of their entire country to offset "The Curse of the Fatman" to get them this far. There's no way they can overcome and win the whole thing!

Our Host!