The what's your drink thread.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by General Mandible, May 27, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Blaik

Blaik New Member

I've never been a big drinker (of alcohol) myself, and anymore it just doesn't hold any appeal, so I drink coffee and water...that's pretty much it. I'm not against people drinking, but its just not my thing anymore. Yeah I'm old and boring.

2. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Oh goooooooooooooood... I'm too fucking young to have four-day hangovers... fuck you, Ricky, I'm never drinking again... *hurk*

3. Minuos

Minuos New Member

Since I'm resurfacing on teh intarnets after gaining and losing another life, I may as well start small.

Rum. Failing that, Whiskey. Whiskey is more my solution for back pain though. It's a globally underrated painkiller. When I combined it with co-codamol, I felt mighty fine indeed. Though on that day I also told a college friend she needed a shave, forearms included. She doesn't like me very much anymore.

Sad thing is that I know it won't be the last time I have a tipsy college day. It makes the whole social integration requirement so much easier.

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

This is so very offtopic, but with your every post I think your avatar fits you more and more.

5. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

6. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    If I were a woman, I would want to carry your babies.

7. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

If you were a Terminator, you would know what to do in this situation.

8. Minuos

Minuos New Member

Such flattery. You're giving me more reasons to be proud of my blunt honesty. Everyone else discourages it.

Update:
    - She shaved her arms and disturbing pre-beard so now looks slightly more attractive.
    - She still won't talk to me, but I find myself wanting to laugh when she shuns me.

Aside, the subject changes on this forum are superior to those elsewhere, and impressive.
    Fighting the urge to continue with 'most impressive.'

9. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

Well met, Minuos.

More or less on topic, I nearly had a bout with Edward 40 Hands this weekend. Has anybody ever so indulged?

10. Minuos

Minuos New Member

I've indulged to that extent, but at one point I surpassed the need. Now I only drink numbing amounts when I'm in pain or find myself caring too much about something. Not often the latter, luckily. The rest of the time I just sit back in over-analysis and, with pity, watch spoiled brats in denial tap away at their phones.

EDIT: Was written whilst drinking Absinthe, watered down with Vodka, and Rum added for colour. I'm just that health-smart.

11. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

That sounds like a nasty combination. Though I carry an enormous hate for the taste of wormwood.

12. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

FUCK. How were you even able to type while drinking that stuff?

13. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

I've always been of the opinion that bragging about how drunk you are while on the internet is like bragging about how high you are while you're watching a movie.

Nobody really gives a shit, and all you're really doing is ruining the experience for everyone else with your incessant giggling and impaired communication skills.

14. Minuos

Minuos New Member

My online communication skills are usually fine when I'm drunk. If I'm too drunk to type properly, my primary goal is sleep. Though, you can say nobody really gives a shit about many things. Doesn't stop people rambling about it online, and people still read it for some reason. It's a compulsion to talk utter crap which thankfully has a limit in my case.

Xz: It also looked like canal water. I try all kinds of mixes if I'm running low on rum and whiskey.

15. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I don't think you can get Absinthe here. At least not the real stuff that makes you hallucinate.

This means that I have to move abroad or resort to smuggling should I want to die the way of late 19th century poets.

16. Minuos

Minuos New Member

Ah, yes. Absinthe is fairly questionable, sometimes difficult to find anywhere. But on the subject of 19th century poets, a haze of Opium and Absinthe? That's a way to live! And die, of course. Whatever kills pain and mundanity at the same time is fine by me.

Primarily booze, drugs and death. In that order.

17. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

IIRC absinthe despite it's ingredients was never really proven to be more dangerous or psychoactive than other alcohols. The recipe is pretty much the same as it was primary, so you can poet all the way (at least where I live), but then again not everything that calles itself absinthe is the real stuff.

18. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

The only alcohol recommended for drinking is ethanol. The different tastes and strengths is all about how its brewed and distilled, if distilled.

Absinthe's, main ingredient besides ethanol and water is wormwood if I recall correctly, that shit tastes nasty. Though it apparently has no psychoactive effect, as you said.

19. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I may have had the immitation absinthe. I was wondering why the community was aghast that somebody else would actually drink the stuff. I didn't find it unpalatable.

Amusingly put! I am gleefully quick to be bothered by unsolicited divulgences of one's mental state and/or abilities. Nothing gratifies me more than being annoyed by such utterances!

However, one can hardly chastise another Lord of the House for sharing his current beverage in "The what's your drink thread"

EDIT: Corrected the name of the thread.

20. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Well the whole magic in absinthe is that it's destilled from wormwood (and some other herbs in smaller proportions) and the thing that makes it controversial is wormwood's essential oil, thujone, which chemically is a ketone, so still ethanol is the only alcohol in absinthe.

I tried absinthe once (or at least something that called itself absinthe), and it was bitter as hell and all in all not too tasty. But I tried the pure stuff from a bottle, while normally it should be at least sweetened to even be considered drinkable, I believe.

Thing is that thojone is psychoactive but it hasn't been proven than absinthe has a high enough concentration of it to be psychoactive itself.

Our Host!