The Tsen Ang Ogre liberation question

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Solaris, Jan 17, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Are the elves of Tsen Ang supposed to attack you after you kill the mage and let loose the ogre slaves?

In all games I've played until now, I had to FIGHT my way out after freeing the ogres. Every elf I met woud come at me with his sword drawn out. Yet I have just done the same and the Tsen Ang guards walk around me like nothing happened!

Or does it depend on whether or not the ogres succeed in actually killing someone on their rampage? Because this time, two elves with scimitars have reduced the hammer wielding ogres to mincemeat in a matter of seconds.

P.S. In the previous reload, one of those funny things happened. The ogres tried to assault a guard who did not see them and continued to walk around the tree like nothing happened. Being slow with their hammers, the ogres (all three!) kept missing and then had to run to keep up. In short, they were chasing the unsuspecting elf around the tree and swinging their hammers at him until I got tired of laughing. The second guard, who walked past them a couple of times, must have thought it was no big deal since he didn't rush to his comrade's rescue. The ogres ignored him as well, probably thought that the running one was more fun a target.

2. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Which T'sen Ang guards? I've always been attacked by the ones "downstairs", never the ones "upstairs".

3. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

Generally they all attack me, though I usually kill Min'Gorad first so that might have something to do with it. the one downstairs are certainly meant to attack you, the theory being that the news is given to them while you are climbing down the tree.

4. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Well, I certainly wasn't attacked by anyone. I do intend to return and slaughter them though. Out of gratitude.

5. Bunny

Bunny New Member

The problem with the guards 'downtree' is that they are common elf guards, not dark elves; therefore, their alignment is good, and many NPCs will attack you for that.

6. Solaris

Solaris New Member

I think the two at the entrance are Dark Elves, it is those hiding behind the trees who are the "good" guys.

7. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Yeah, I meant those. I always thought they were 'regulating' the dark elves.

8. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter if they're bad or good. If you kill off the evil guys, and the good guys interfer, you can kill them without getting a more evil alignment. They attacked you first, and you defended yourself.

9. Pirate Tony

Pirate Tony New Member

Half Ogre's

I always take 3 Barbarian blades with me into Dark Elf city and then pickpocket the 3 half ogres and plant the sword's on them, and any spare shields armour etc. Then watch the 1/2 ogres batter they're way out of the city leaving lots of bodies for you to loot. They will also join in the fight at the entrance on your side. Also if you make sure your main character does not go to the left, Virgil will stay with you and not go wandering off. Well some times anyway. If you are using the Car arcanum patch. Pick pocket Zan (female Dark elf mage) and plant the Troll boots from the Caladon sewers .... otherwise she slaughters the three 1/2 Ogre's on her own.

Our Host!