The Trials of Salvatore

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkFool, May 20, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Personally I'll smoke a few coronas every now and then, but I'd be surprised if I exceeded 20 a year.

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Smoking a hookah is nice too. I try it once in a blue moon, it's quite relaxing. Plus it's supposed to leave most of the bad stuff in the water instead of mutating your lungs with them, though I'm not really sure how much truth there is in that statement.

Leaving it for a special occasion, eh?

3. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Much as I'd love to smoke - the extra stress relief would be nice - my lungs are so sensitive to smoke of all kinds that even a puff or two sends me double-over to my nearest stash of Ventolin. (This is no joke or even exaggeration. I have had a single puff of a cigarette in my entire life and it took me hours to get my breath back.)

4. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I rarely use tobacco, I use a blend of mullein and coltsfoot. Its got a nice taste and is quite smooth, burns a whole lot faster than tobacco though.

5. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I think it makes people smell bad to smoke, so I don't do it. My ex-girlfriend smoked/smokes those peppermint cigarillos, and her breath was/is horrid afterward. Yuck.

6. Minuos

Minuos New Member

I've had the misfortune of experiencing that myself, and it's far from pleasant, I agree. Go past a certain point and the smell sticks to clothes, and hair, which is insane. One of many reasons why 'ex' comes before 'girlfriend.'

7. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Naw, it's empty. I had a friend bring it back with her because I forgot to bring one myself. I did, however, drink a fair bit of it while in Africa. It's rather cheap because most people are afraid of it. :)

8. Silvara

Silvara New Member

I've never kissed someone with tobacco-smelling breath, but the whole "stinking smell that also clings to clothes/hair" bit has kept me well off the stuff. I'm not going near anything that reeks like that, thank you.

9. DarkFool

Bleck. I knew a girl who was a long-time smoker, and she never smoked around me 'cause she knew I didn't like it, but the one time we made out, she had a taste that was something akin to overcooked frozen vegetables.* It's something I'll never forget. Never try again, either.

* for those of you who don't know which vegetables/etc, look at this. Take those, and over cook them so they get slightly soggy, let them then sit for a few hours and toughen up, then taste'em. That's about what kissing her was like. Except with tongue too.

10. Minuos

Minuos New Member

Or alternatively, go to any bar. That way you can experience the enlightening subject at hand and contract oral herpes in the process. Maybe more if you're up for it. At least two life lessons in one night! Feel free to thank me in advance for this fantastic suggestion.

11. Archmage Orintil

Archmage Orintil New Member

Huh...sounds a lot like my pepsi addicted friend back in Indiana. Really, there's not enough sugar or caffeine in any cola to be addictive (at least in my perspective). Then again, I drink on average 4-6 pots of coffee just to stay awake between kegs of beer. Not even when I worked at a speedway back in the states and hourly sucked the leftover goop they mixed with soda water to make "coke" or "pepsi" products did I even once feel like drinking the stuff. Give me the nasty goop at the bottom of greek coffee anyday.
    They all fail really. Weak stuff that destroys wonderful teeth better suited to munching good ol' yummy meats without offering anything else in return other than furry tongues and cavities.

12. Xz

Sigged.

13. DarkFool

That is a rather impressive quote. Nicely put, Archmage.

14. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Whilst I agree with Orintil for the first and quite likely last time, I'd like to point something out - thanks to my many and varied allergies and illnesses, I can't smoke ANYTHING, I can't take drugs, I can't drink alcohol and coffee tastes like shit. Cola is about the only yummy thing in this life I'm allowed to indulge in, so fuck it I'm gonna indulge!

15. DarkFool

16. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

*activates disruptor rifle* Do you really want to risk finding out?

17. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Don't you make those kinky costumes out of la-... Oh. :eek:

18. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Would you like a complimentary Disruptor Rifle, Yuki?

19. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    With Caity, you either know these things firsthand, try your very best to be content with a state of curious unknowing, or end up a disorderly pile of atoms forcefully persuaded to give up this whole molecule idea for having the audacity to ask for it.

And I must say, the mental image of having your own physically frail lovetoy stylishly dressed in latex is enough of a turn-on to make instant oblivion seem worth it.

20. Xz

I believe the trick would be to not ask directly for what you want to know, but to ask a more general question which' answer will contain the information required.

So instead of asking whether Caity is allergic to latex, DF should've asked for a complete list of Caitys allergies. Asked in the right way it might even not seem like a peculiar question.

Our Host!